Re: you can fry a Nest thermostat - on the RFI hunt

Dan Pflugrath

Palomar Engineers is a good source of EMI/RFI countermeasures information and products.  In the case of your Nest Thermostat, all lines going into and out of that control will need to have a mix 31 countermeasures applied.  Mix 31 for 1-300 MHz (suitable for most HF amateur and commercial transmitters)  These can be torrid cores with the wiring making multiple turns through the core or snap on cores etc.  Depending on the frequency you may need mix 75  0.15 to 10 MHz.

Good luck, your are on the right track to reduce your noise problem.

73,

Dan KA7GPP