Re: Tarheel

Rowland

Do these affect the SWR on the antenna.

Thanks,

Rowland

On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 7:30 PM Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

These are the brand I use. They are durable and have worked well for me. I use them on my the Tarheel base, plus on the various antennas I use with it..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UTQUAK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2020 7:21 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Tarheel

Please tell me about it.

On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 7:19 PM Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

That’s Awesome Rowland!

Have you considered getting a quick release for the Tarheel so you can remove easity it to keep it safe, etc?

Nice work!

Howard

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rowland
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2020 6:30 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io
Subject: [SnoVARC] Tarheel

Look what I installed today.  My Tarheel II. Going to route the wires up to the radio  tomorrow that is under my front seat. I have the optional cooling fan so it will not get too warm under there.  Hopefully there is enough room.  Also using the Turbo Tuner auto that was designed just for the IC-7000 (my radio).

All this equipment has been in storage since I sold my last work van 4 years ago.  Looking forward to getting everything operational tomorrow.

I remember the van had some white noise when running (not alternator) and I was advised by George to install ground straps on the liftgate, hood, and exhaust system. Hopefully that noise won't be in this vehicle ('16 Ford Explorer) but we will see.

Thanks,

Rowland

--
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM
(425) 864 - 5104

--

Thanks,
Rowland

--
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM
(425) 864 - 5104

Join snovarc@snovarc.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.