CERT Olympics & classes now open for Registration!

Kathy K7KJB

CERT Continuing Education Classes & CERT Olympics now open for Registration!

We told you they were coming, and now they are here!   This is your opportunity to refresh your CERT skills, as well as learn a few new ones.  The classes include:

April 17:  FireWise - How to create a fire defensive space for your home. 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.

April 17:  Traffic Class - The safe way to direct traffic at an event or accident. 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.

April 24:  Moulage - This will be with the Monsters and Mayhem Master! 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.

May 1:  ATC 20 - Post Earthquake Damage Assessment. A great Class! 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.

May 8:  CERT Olympics!!!  A total FAMILY day with a special emphasis on Moms!  Moms will enter a special raffle for a dinner out!  Demos, Exhibits, Prizes and great team competition.  Open to ALL CERTs and their families. 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.

To sign up for these classes go to www.redmondccc.org/z1olyreg.  DON'T WAIT – SOME OF THESE CLASSES WILL FILL UP IMMEDIATELY!!   For more information or questions contact Kathy Brasch at 425-788-8260 or info@....

CERT Olympics Needs Your Help!

Winter may be over, but the excitement, competition and fun of the XXI Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver lives on!

In the spirit of building skills, camaraderie and having lots of fun, the 2010 Annual CERT Exercise will be the `CERT Olympics', set to take place on Saturday, May 8th, at Tolt-MacDonald Park in Carnation.

This multi-jurisdictional, annual event is tailor-made for teams who want to flex their CERT-muscles and use their `noggins, too.  Because it's also Mother's Day weekend, we will be honoring CERT Moms - your very first partner in safety and preparedness - with a special commemorative gift, and a chance to win a gift certificate for a dinner out!

After the competition, we'll have an award ceremony and big, FREE BBQ with all of the fixings for CERTs and their families.  Families and CERTs will also be able to learn and explore safety and preparedness-themed demos and exhibits at the site.

Sounds like a great way to keep CERT-ification current, honor Mom and have some family fun on a Saturday, right?  Yep, we agree!

But… we need help.   To make all of this happen, we need volunteers, and invite you, (if you're not a competing CERT), to sign up to help make this a great event:

 Position                 # of Personnel Needed

Judges

14

Victims

16

Communicators (multiple roles)

10

Moulage Artists

2

Set-up / Reset Support

8

BBQ and Food Support

6

Sign-in Table Support

3

Want to help?

Please send an email message with your name, position that you're interested in, and your contact info to: jan_bishop@...  (Jan Bishop, Sammamish Citizen Corps PR), or call: 425.985.2566 by Friday, April 16th.

We will contact you with information about planning for your role during the `CERT Olympics'.  Thank you!