Re: Shack organization ideas/Show off your shack

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

Very FB.  I especially like the idea of having clocks set to UTC, PDT, and PST.  But the second hands on the clocks are not synchronized, which would drive me crazy.  I have a WWV clock from MFJ with two big time displays, I have one set to display UTC and PST or PDT as appropriate.

One observation on the utility of multiple displays for a shack computer - I have a loose pile of papers with things like band plans, grid maps, net control scripts, and so on.  If I had multiple monitors I could obviously just have those on the computer, open in a image viewer with tabs, and just consult them on another monitor while I am working on the main monitor.

On Oct 30, 2020, at 8:31 AM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

Kirt,
Here is a picture of my she-shack standing U desk just after custom build by DH. It is placed away from wall/window on 2 sides for easy access to wires in back of equipment. Coax and control wires come in through wall on right behind rack from adjacent crawl space, brought into house through rodent screen at base of house, then through hole drilled between space and shack room. I purchased 2 adjustable height stools from Costco I use when I need to sit. One for guest, pre-Covid. For SSB contests I'm all standing to use foot pedal. The second picture is February 2019 after I initially placed equipment and it wasn't yet looking like a typical messy shack, lol. Currently my 8900 or Anytone sits on left side where the tool box in the picture is. I have added quite a lot of stuff on rack, and a second computer screen left corner of desk, which is currently used as a bulletin board. Graciella sits to right of computer now. She is my beautiful shack jewel made by Begali. I have a Microham right of computer. So there is a bit more equipment but it all still works. I will send current picture when I am able.

73,
Robin <she shack standing desk.JPG><she shack February 2019.JPG>