Re: Shack organization ideas/Show off your shack

Shawn / K7ATA

I have space LCD's getting dusty....

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 10/30/2020 3:41 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) wrote:
Let’s start the negotiations at 97, and you can try to talk me down from there.

More seriously, I was thinking three, or maybe four.  But I am also thinking that one might display something along the lines of a geochron clock.  And maybe one for pskreporter, etc.

On Oct 30, 2020, at 3:26 PM, Rowland <rowland.brasch@gmail.com <mailto:rowland.brasch@gmail.com>> wrote:

How many monitors you need?

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 8:47 AM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@butzi.net <mailto:w7pfb@butzi.net>> wrote:

Very FB.  I especially like the idea of having clocks set to UTC,
PDT, and PST.  But the second hands on the clocks are not
synchronized, which would drive me crazy.  I have a WWV clock
from MFJ with two big time displays, I have one set to display
UTC and PST or PDT as appropriate.

One observation on the utility of multiple displays for a shack
computer - I have a loose pile of papers with things like band
plans, grid maps, net control scripts, and so on.  If I had
multiple monitors I could obviously just have those on the
computer, open in a image viewer with tabs, and just consult them
on another monitor while I am working on the main monitor.

On Oct 30, 2020, at 8:31 AM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@gmail.com
<mailto:wa7cpa@gmail.com>> wrote:

Kirt,
Here is a picture of my she-shack standing U desk just after
custom build by DH. It is placed away from wall/window on 2
sides for easy access to wires in back of equipment. Coax and
control wires come in through wall on right behind rack from
adjacent crawl space, brought into house through rodent screen
at base of house, then through hole drilled between space and
shack room. I purchased 2 adjustable height stools from Costco I
use when I need to sit. One for guest, pre-Covid. For SSB
contests I'm all standing to use foot pedal. The second picture
is February 2019 after I initially placed equipment and it
wasn't yet looking like a typical messy shack, lol. Currently my
8900 or Anytone sits on left side where the tool box in the
picture is. I have added quite a lot of stuff on rack, and a
second computer screen left corner of desk, which is currently
used as a bulletin board. Graciella sits to right of computer
now. She is my beautiful shack jewel made by Begali. I have a
Microham right of computer. So there is a bit more equipment but
it all still works. I will send current picture when I am able.

73,
Robin <she shack standing desk.JPG><she shack February 2019.JPG>