Re: NanoVNA Demo Thursday 6pm?

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

Ditto - good job. Thanks for the education!

On Nov 13, 2020, at 6:05 AM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:

Yes, thank you very much, Ryan.  I found it a really informative and useful presentation.

On Nov 12, 2020, at 11:23 PM, Dan Pflugrath <dpflugrath@...> wrote:

Ryan,
Thank you for the presentation this evening.  I found it very useful and a quick start for antenna analysis.

73,
Dan KA7GPP

-----Original Message-----
From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io [mailto:snovarc@snovarc.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ryan - KJ7GIE
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 8:02 AM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io
Subject: [SnoVARC] NanoVNA Demo Thursday 6pm?

Would the group be interested in a short NanoVNA demo on Thursday 6pm before the Rookie Roundtable? A couple people have requested this and, with the social distancing, it will be a while before I can bring it to an in-person event...   so let's Zoom it!

Based on responses and availability of others we'll make a decision in the next 48 hours but I'm ready to do it if you'll join. Let us know!

I'll be focusing on using the NanoVNA as an SWR tester for antennas. The topics will include:
· Hardware overview
o Example hardware / where to get
· Set to show SWR (easy)
o Trace
o SWR
o Scale (.25 a line)
o Stimulus
· Calibrate
· Save Calibration
· Recall Calibration
· Sweep 2m and 70cm
· Zoom to 70cm
· Show two different antenna tunes
· Sweep HF ant
· Identify where HF ant is “tuned”

On Day Agency Declares Election Most Secure Ever, Heads Are Rolling
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5fae34564ce834543086st03duc1
Activists, Journalists Try to Figure What Trump's Up To
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5fae34562bad834543086st03duc2
Chicago Sets Rules for Thanksgiving
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5fae34565099134543086st03duc3