Re: Can I use a duplexer / triplexer in reverse with 2 rigs and 1 antenna

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

Perfect. Thanks for verifying that I wont blow anything up on TX 😊

Paul – that’s exactly what I’m trying to do – share my CX 333 antenna with my TYT 220 and my 9700.

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Butzi (W7PFB)
Sent: Sunday, November 15, 2020 7:37 AM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Can I use a duplexer / triplexer in reverse with 2 rigs and 1 antenna

Yep, that’ll work.  I do this (admittedly with three radios) in my shack to route signals to/from the CX-333.

On Nov 14, 2020, at 9:35 PM, Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

Hey Snovarcians,

I have a triband antenna that I'd like to share between two radios: 1) a UHF/VHF and 2) 220Mhz.  Rather than use a switch - which would only allow me to send/receive on one rig at a time. I was wondering if I could use a triplexer to direct the 220mhz to one rig (obviously the 220) and the 2m.70cm to the other rig so I can keep both rigs listening and transmit on either one. I know this will work for receive only but will I blow up a rig when the other is transmitting or will the triplexer keep the output separated? Has anyone done htis?

Image removed by sender.