Comm Academy

Rowland

FYI....

Greetings!

The Leadership of the Communications Academy is reaching out to all of our loyal attendees who have made the event such a success in the Pacific Northwest over the last 22+ years, to give you an update on our plans for 2021 and beyond.

First, thank you for your support, interest, and willingness to grow with us! Without your continued attendance, financial support, and volunteer efforts the event programs we have offered would not have been possible.

As you know, however, we had to cancel the 2020 in-person event. The Communications Academy leadership has used the challenges of 2020 to review how we can best preserve the direction and focus of our event while restricted by the pandemic. Our first task has been to review how we can provide an outstanding online presence that will engage all of you with great content and an opportunity for all of us to connect throughout the year.

The annual event has continued to evolve by presenting keynotes and seminar tracks that engage beginners, intermediate and advanced users in technologies, served agency support, volunteer management, self-preparedness, and how volunteer and professional communications are used, adapted and improved. All of that will be true of our 2021 virtual Comm Academy. What’s more, as an online event, we will have an unprecedented ability to connect folks from anywhere in the country—or the world!

While we’re not ready to publish the agenda of presentations yet, you can still check out the new website, and if you’re on social media, follow us on TwitterInstagram, and Facebook, and invite your followers to do the same. And while you’re looking at the site—please go ahead and pre-register! We’ll save a spot for you, and keep you informed as the event takes shape.

A name change seemed to be in order reflecting our new approach with our website. The Communications Academy will now be known as The Comm Academy. We all have called it that for years, so why not make it official?

Comm Academy 2021 is currently planned for April 10th and 11th, 2021. More details will be available after January 1st, but hold the dates!

In closing, we are excited to move forward to continue the tradition of Comm Academy. Your engagement, feedback and support are welcome as we look to 2021 and beyond.

Sincerely,
The Comm Academy Team
https://commacademy.org