Re: Can I use a duplexer / triplexer in reverse with 2 rigs and 1 antenna

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I am confused.

Comet list the triplexer in the photo as having at least 40db isolation between ports.  3db is a factor of two, 10db is a factor of ten, 40db is a factor of 10,000.

So I am thinking if you run 50w into the 2m port, the most that can appear at the 1.25m port or the 70cm port would be 50w/10000 = 5mw.

If I’m wrong I sure want to know, as I have three radios hooked to exactly this triplexer all routed to a Comet CX-333.  I would prefer not to blow up a radio.

On Nov 16, 2020, at 10:55 AM, Bob Decker via groups.io <k7bd@...> wrote:

Be careful of transmitting with power, check loss of dB between ports of two rigs.
If transmitting with hand held no problem,, but if 50 watts out from either rig
then could have 12 watt into the other rig depending upon antenna