Re: W7PFB-10 Winlink RMS

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

Yes, please.  Let me know how it works.

On Dec 1, 2020, at 3:29 PM, Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

Can I move to 4.01 now?

On Dec 1, 2020, at 2:47 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:

You don’t need to do anything for packet, all that remains as it was.

The upgrade for VARA FM is straightforward, all my settings were preserved across the upgrade.

On Dec 1, 2020, at 2:44 PM, Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:

Is it a simple upgrade?  Both for packet and FM?

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 1:01 PM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:
Down for a short while while I move the antenna.  I thought it was going to be quick to move but the coax is tangled in the blackberry canes so it’s turning into an all out hand to hand battle.

Once I get the antenna sorted, I will be upgrading the station to VARA 4.0.1, which will not be backward compatible with the 3.x version.  So folks will need to update the VARA installation on their computers as well if they want to connect via VARA FM.  Packet should be unaffected.

The good news here is that when it’s all done the antenna will have moved from a stub mast that held it about 5 feet above ground to a overhead suspension that will hold it up at about 65 feet at the base.  So coverage should improve quite a bit.

Howard Mahran
(425) 864-5104