Re: Silicone Sealant for PL 259 Connections?

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I’m a little behind on this.  I’ve used a bunch of different products for this and the thing I’ve settled on is Times Microwave self bonding tape.  I’ve found the cheaper stuff seems to fail when exposed to UV.

The big win is when you need to take the stuff off.  slit it even part way with the tip of a knife, and it comes off in one piece and leaves absolutely no residue.

On Dec 7, 2020, at 5:28 PM, Paul Zoba <pezoba@...> wrote:

Howard, I have about 10 rolls of coax seal if you want one.

On Dec 6, 2020, at 7:41 PM, Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

I was wondering if there was a silicone or similar substance that one would use on the coax feedline into the antenna to provide additional weather sealant along with rubber taping the connection?