Re: Fldigi

Paul Zoba

I’d be interested in learning it too. I also have a 7300. I can do it anytime other than Thursday evenings due to my CW classes.

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 8:18 AM Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:
That sounds great Ryan. I agree with same equipment usage during the session. We can use the snovarc or cdccc zoom session so e can go beyond the 45 min limit.
Next week is Christmas week so maybe better the week after.  I know Ralph and I are interested if you want to start with us or maybe one more. We both have 7300. Please clarify the repeater/simplex reference.

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 8:30 PM Ryan - KJ7GIE <rsm@...> wrote:
I'd be happy to do this. I agree, a 1 on 1 or maybe just a couple people would be best. It can be finicky and radio dependent so, unless everyone has the exact same gear, it's best to troubleshoot one on one. When troubleshooting, unless we want to occupy a / the repeater, it's best to use simplex and then you run into a who-can-hear-who problem. A few of us tried some simplex troubleshooting a few weeks back and after two hours we were still troubleshooting parts of the set-up. We made a lot of progress and fldigi was working in everyones's shack but I was plagued by the "Carnation bathtub" problem which limited our fun.

Anyway, let's do it. Let me know a time and who can open the zoom (or we can use the free 45 min. account) and we'll get it working.

As far as a presentation...   I'd like the tech or emcomm groups to determine the preferred way the club would use fldigi for communication. fldigi is a multi-tool and, like most multi-tools, its not useful unless you can apply it to a task. I can help with that as well and then we can present.

Also... a very very kind club member has let me borrow their 7300 so I will go get get that working with my fldigi this weekend and I can respond with the radio settings.