Re: fldigi Zoom Class

Ryan - KJ7GIE

On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 07:33 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) wrote:

I’m still not sure why I’d use the controls on flrig rather than just
turning the knob on the radio
I turn the knob on the radio, or more accurately, I use a memory location because most of the digital I do is off a repeater. That doesn't mean you can forgo rig control. I've had very little luck in getting fldigi to work reliably if it doesn't know what frequency the radio is at. Maybe that's just me but, in my experience, fldigi needs to know where the radio is tuned and that comes from rig control. There are some aspects of fldigi that will tune the radio as well. I have not used it that way though. Rig control is needed even if only to allow fldigi to read the radio frequency.

And, like Paul, I had it working in 3 minutes after I reset the IC-7300 per the instructions in the other thread. Before then it was almost of hour of odd behavior. When it works its 3 minutes. When it doesn't it can be very frustrating (and, probably, worth a reset). Thanks for checking that out Paul. It's helpful to know it "should" work "out of the box".