Re: gutter antenna

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

The gutter antenna does not have to outperform a 5 element yagi at 200 feet.  It just has to outperform no antenna at all to be an interesting antenna to folks who are looking at how to get an antenna past HOA restrictions..

So I’m curious, Rowland.  What antenna do you recommend in the situation where HOA restrictions prevent stringing up a ‘better’ antenna?

On Jan 13, 2021, at 12:50 PM, Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:

It's like Lynn has said in the past you can tune just about anything to show the radio a 50 ohm load but the performance and output will suffer in the long run.

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 11:37 AM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) via groups.io <w7pfb=butzi.net@groups.io> wrote:
Recently I speculated (while discussing antenna possibilities with Ryan KI7GIE and Howard WA1HEM) that a remote tuner would make short work of turning a metal gutter system into a usable/useful antenna.  The motivation was to get a usable HF antenna in the face of HOA restrictions.

Interesting thread on success at doing this on Reddit: