Re: New SNOVARC repeater is now online 441.850 + 103.5

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

😭 I don’t think I can hit it

Excuse my typos - sent via my thumbs or by voice from a mobile device

On Feb 23, 2021, at 3:39 PM, Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:

Tested the new shack repeater from the house and it was full signal and full quieting.

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 1:07 PM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) via groups.io <w7pfb=butzi.net@groups.io> wrote:
Our new Bridgecom 70cm repeater, intended for portable use, is now up and running in the Carnation space, replacing the donated Kenwood repeater that was only putting out 300mw after the duplexer.

Details: 441.850, positive shift, tone 103.5.  Note that the old repeater ID’ed with the callsign N6TJQ and used an access tone of 203.5, so you may need to change the programming in your radios.  The new repeater ID’s as KE7GFZ/R.

It’s putting a measured 26 watts (about 40w into the duplexer) into the club’s GP-15 on the roof of city hall.  It would be good for everyone to give it a whirl and let us know if you can reach it/hear it.  The courtesy tone on the built in controller is a 1000hz beep, so don’t expect the same courtesy tone as the Cougar and Myers repeaters.