Last night's noise across all digital bands: for the Blooper reel

Robin WA7CPA

The cause of the noise across all digital FT8  band segments was quite simply from my new Sabrent USB sound card plugged into my laptop with the mic and speaker cables swapped. I am 99% sure no one else on this group would plug these in opposite and then especially spend hours researching what could be wrong. This morning I swapped them to see what would happen. What happened was noise disappeared. RX improved and TX power out of PA went to normal.

Then a little while later, SWR at PA went through the roof...see other post...