Re: Tarheel SWR suggestions wanted

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

So you have your Tarheel outside on the mag mount and more coax between the KPA and the coax attached to the mag mount?

What is the SWR at the coax coming from the mag mount?

I’m assuming you’re out on the OP so we can’t just have someone pop over to take a look?

Things to check:
* tarheel firmly connected to mag mount,
* whip firmly connected to Tarheel
* No water or grit/dirt in the connection between extension coax and the mag mount coax and the connector is weatherproofed.

On Feb 26, 2021, at 10:51 AM, Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

Hi Tarheel owner friends.

Car roof mounted Tarheel is tuned 1.0 on 20 meters connected at other end to KPA100 PA fully integrated with my KX3 tranceiver. At PA end of coax SWR is over 6.0. I swapped coax that is connected to the mag mount piece of coax. Exact same readings at PA. I swapped the BNC to BNC barrel connector between the mag mount and the coax run to the PA. Exact same readings at PA. I am operating in a very high wind situation currently.  PA was handling TX for awhile then it started squawking, precipitating me taking these measurements.

Thoughts and suggestions?