Re: Tarheel SWR suggestions wanted

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

Salt water or fresh water?  If it’s fresh water I suspect when it dries out you’ll be fine.

On Feb 26, 2021, at 7:33 PM, Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

The reason that 2 different coax cables did not cure the problem, replacing connectors did not cure the problem, is that there was a LOT of water in the coil housing. When I took it off the car and turned it upside down a lot of water ran out. I thought it was supposed to be sealed. But it has been exposed here to gale force winds, driving wind, and hail. So the next question is, can this Tarheel be saved?

Small town, AAA came in 10 minutes and did not even ask for my card or ID.

Thank you for all the suggestions.