Re: March 18th SNOVARC mini exercise

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I will try to be on the 441.850 Carnation repeater from 6:30 until the Rookie Roundtable at 7pm for those folks who want to give that repeater a whirl (or try it through the Big Rock crossband).

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Mar 17, 2021, at 3:34 PM, Bob Otis <rmot47@...> wrote:

I think you are spot on.  After my memory was jarred a bit, I remember reaching the repeater with the 8900, probably on 35W, with good reception on a test with Tom.  I tried both my Icom ID-51 and Yaesu FT-60 with whip antennas and he could barely make out what I was saying under the static.  So, my test for tomorrow will be with the 8900 and/or 7100 on lower than high power and the attic antenna (maybe start at 5W and go up from there).
Cheers, Bob

Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 2:27 PM
To: Bob Otis <rmot47@...>; tomwa7tbp@...; snovarc@groups.io
Cc: laragila@...; we7x@...; w4mhi@...
Subject: Re: March 18th SNOVARC mini exercise

If you are getting back a courtesy tone that is really staticky then it is pretty good chance you are not making in into the repeater to be audible or just barely audible. I have a feeling that I am going to be in the same boat as I have to up over the ridge line to get to Carnation's city hall. But we will see tomorrow night. 

-- 
Gerard Hickey / WTØF           IRLP:3067/Echolink:529661
hickey@...     DMR: 3102272
425-395-4554                   Allstar: 531920
On 3/17/21 1:36 PM, Bob Otis wrote:
On the main exercise, I can do 6M FM, and maybe 6M SSB, but would bow out on the other two (no antenna).  

On the 441.850 repeater, I have talked back and forth several times on my 8600 and, I believe on my HTs.  However, we might want to have a quick test on that one tomorrow night.  I would try one or two HTs, checking both 5W and low power.  I can trigger the repeater  with my HTs on 5W, but haven’t timed it right to talk to anyone and just get static as a reply.

73, Bob KI7RMO

Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 11:01 AM
To: snovarc@groups.io
Cc: laragila@...; hickey@...; we7x@...; w4mhi@...; rmot47@...
Subject: March 18th SNOVARC mini exercise

Hello everyone:

This Thursday, tomorrow, there will be the 3rd Thursday mini exercise. This week, we will be done a "tune up" on 10M FM simplex, 29.5 MHz and 6M simplex, 52.52 MHz. Have the Cougar Mountain repeater on in the back ground. If, for some reason, these listed frequencies are busy or unusable, we will switch to other frequencies that will be announced on the Cougar repeater. Depending on the number of participants, we might do some SSB as well. If we do SSB, I will announce that on the FM simplex channel we were using. 

Issaquah Club members. Please try our new UHF repeater that is set up and operating at the Carnation City Hall. It is on 441.850, plus 5 MHz, tone 103.5 Hz. SNOVARC members have been surprised at the coverage of the new repeater. Please try it and let us know how it works.

See you on Thursday after the weekly SNOVARC net.

Tom, WA7TBP

=

Join snovarc@snovarc.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.