Re: March 18th SNOVARC mini exercise

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I will try to be on the 441.850 Carnation repeater from 6:30 until the Rookie Roundtable at 7pm for those folks who want to give that repeater a whirl (or try it through the Big Rock crossband).

On Mar 17, 2021, at 3:34 PM, Bob Otis <rmot47@...> wrote:

I think you are spot on.  After my memory was jarred a bit, I remember reaching the repeater with the 8900, probably on 35W, with good reception on a test with Tom.  I tried both my Icom ID-51 and Yaesu FT-60 with whip antennas and he could barely make out what I was saying under the static.  So, my test for tomorrow will be with the 8900 and/or 7100 on lower than high power and the attic antenna (maybe start at 5W and go up from there).
Cheers, Bob

From: Gerard Hickey <hickey@...>
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 2:27 PM
To: Bob Otis <rmot47@...>; tomwa7tbp@...; snovarc@groups.io
Cc: laragila@...; we7x@...; w4mhi@...
Subject: Re: March 18th SNOVARC mini exercise

If you are getting back a courtesy tone that is really staticky then it is pretty good chance you are not making in into the repeater to be audible or just barely audible. I have a feeling that I am going to be in the same boat as I have to up over the ridge line to get to Carnation's city hall. But we will see tomorrow night.

--
Gerard Hickey / WTØF           IRLP:3067/Echolink:529661
hickey@...     DMR: 3102272
On 3/17/21 1:36 PM, Bob Otis wrote:
On the main exercise, I can do 6M FM, and maybe 6M SSB, but would bow out on the other two (no antenna).

On the 441.850 repeater, I have talked back and forth several times on my 8600 and, I believe on my HTs.  However, we might want to have a quick test on that one tomorrow night.  I would try one or two HTs, checking both 5W and low power.  I can trigger the repeater  with my HTs on 5W, but haven’t timed it right to talk to anyone and just get static as a reply.

73, Bob KI7RMO