Re: Ham License Fee Increase

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

Why discriminate based on age?

I’m in favor of sponsoring license fees for Valley (defined broadly) residents getting their first license, regardless of how old they are.  Getting more people to be active hams is probably the most useful thing SNOVARC can do to build communications capability in the valley.  People cannot become active hams until they get licensed.

On Mar 21, 2021, at 11:38 AM, Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

I propose we add to the April agenda a discussion of sponsoring license fee for new hams under age 25 who join our club. Probably need to give a reduced fee for joining, maybe $5. Of course that would also involve some marketing effort.