Re: New Ht

Paul Zoba

So much depends on what you want to do with it. I like Yaesu HTs and find them pretty rugged. The VX6 is submersible and good for hiking, etc. I also have the FT3DR which has Bluetooth, APRS, GPS and digital modes.

Honestly, I’d say get the Baofeng and dip your toes in the water until you have a better idea what you want to do. Later, you stick the Baofengs in your glove compartments.

73,
Paul, W7PEZ

On Jul 31, 2021, at 12:20 PM, Ken Kosters <kenkosters@...> wrote:

I agree with Jackson. FT-60 is a very good bang for the buck.
W7ECK

On Sat, Jul 31, 2021 at 12:13 PM Jackson Beard <macleanofduart@...> wrote:
FT60s are around $150

On Sat, Jul 31, 2021, 11:39 Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:
Have a friend that wants to purchase an HT. He is new to ham so he wants simple but dependable operation. Willing to spend above cost of boafeng. Used is OK to s long as current. What do you all think.