Re: Help please! Frquencies for local NORCOM setting up a SDS200 Scanner

Lou Giliberto (KD7HCW)

I, too, woukd like to learn!

Thanks!

Lou

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Jackson Beard <macleanofduart@...>
Date: Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 3:27 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Help please! Frquencies for local NORCOM setting up a SDS200 Scanner

If there's interest,  I have been teaching a class on our system at the FD.

On Thu, Sep 16, 2021, 15:23 Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

Lou - totally agree. Setting it up manually was slow but a lightbulb finally went off as to how the scanner is set up and I learned the differences between Sytem, Departments, Sites and channels and what needs to go into each.  I now have a really clean NORCOM favorite, split into two departments,  FIRE  and POLICE, so I can listen to either both or focus on one at a time. Also by removing all the other distant sites,  the scanning is now nice and fast. I'm really happy with the setup and again, want to thank you and Jackson for making it clear enough for me to understand.

Finally, I am using this Wiki to quickly lookup the units dispatched so I can get an idea as to where the calls are originating
http://www.interceptradio.com/wiki/index.php/King_County,_WA/Fire