Re: tsunami

Mark Kenworthy

Forecast is 1-2 feet at the coast, although there are concerns about associated strong and unusual currents.

Mark

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> On Behalf Of Robin WA7CPA via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2022 9:25 AM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io
Subject: [SnoVARC] tsunami

Here in Port Townsend the local repeater chatter is anticipating the waves that will begin hitting the marina and beaches in a few minutes. Advisory to avoid those areas. Not anything SnoVARC ever needs to plan for, lol. I plan to be in shack most of the day for NAQP. Still only 1-foot waves expected though the emergency planners have been inputting 6-foot waves in their data set for predictive purposes. We are well aware of our evac route uphill to the high school.