Re: tsunami

Robin WA7CPA

Tongan volcano. Santa Cruz CA yacht harbor was flooded, Berkeely Marina evacuated, etc. I went out on the bluff and hung out with a ham on a tsunami advisory net to watch. Nada. But authorities are saying bigger could be coming because Hawaii and Alaska had progressively bigger waves.

On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 10:52 AM Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:
What is the source of these?

On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 9:24 AM Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
Here in Port Townsend the local repeater chatter is anticipating the waves that will begin hitting the marina and beaches in a few minutes. Advisory to avoid those areas. Not anything SnoVARC ever needs to plan for, lol. I plan to be in shack most of the day for NAQP. Still only 1-foot waves expected though the emergency planners have been inputting 6-foot waves in their data set for predictive purposes. We are well aware of our evac route uphill to the high school.