Re: Carnation Repeater 441.850 will be down for a while

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

The 441.850 Carnation repeater is now in my shack, in the rack and connected to an antenna and power, and appears to be operating normally.  It’s not connected to backup power (it also had no backup power in the Carnation shack) so if the power goes out it will go offline for a minute as the backup generator fires up, the transfer switch throws over, and the repeater boots back up.  When I get a chance I’ll hook it up to a battery for backup power to keep it live while the generator fires up.

It would be good to know if it can be reached through the 145.750 crossband.  If it can’t I’ll try to either get the antenna up higher or swap around antennas in the hopes we can get that working ok.

Shawn, if the crossband is currently set to low power, when you get a chance it might be a good idea to dial it up to full power, as there’s a bit of a hill between the crossband and the repeater now.

Side note: I moved everything breakable  in the Carnation shack off the countertop, table, and shelves and onto the floor.  It looks a mess but at least now nothing can vibrate off an elevated surface and fall onto the floor.

-p W7PFB
paul.butzi.org
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Jul 14, 2022, at 12:47 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) via groups.io <w7pfb@...> wrote:

I’m about to head down to the Carnation shack, I’ll be taking the Carnation repeater (441.850+103.5) offline and moving the repeater itself off site, to avoid the predicted severe vibrations caused by the road work.  My plan is to put the repeater in my rack here at my place, hook it up to an antenna, and let it work from my place until we can move it back.  It might take me some time to get all that done, as I’ll have to sort out some antenna arrangements.

We’ll sort out the new placement of the repeater when City Hall reopens after the construction work is complete.

The Cougar and Myers repeaters will remain in service.

-p W7PFB
paul.butzi.org