Re: Park gathering activity idea

Robin WA7CPA

Doesn't matter to me. So they used one radio and moved it to each antenna.  I would say anyone who has a radio bring it. And use same power setting. CW probably more likely to show up on reverse beacon. Or ft8 which is a bit bigger pain to set up in the field.

Robin

On Thu, Jul 21, 2022, 4:59 PM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) via groups.io <w7pfb=butzi.net@groups.io> wrote:
That sounds like a lot of fun.  Count me in.  I can bring a Buddipole, a Little Tarheel II, an Icom 7300, battery, laptop to run WSPR/WSJT-X.

Or were you thinking just run CW?

-p W7PFB
paul.butzi.org
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Jul 21, 2022, at 4:52 PM, Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

Our friend Robin G3TKF just told me about his club's gathering activity. It sounds like a lot of fun. They set up stations with 6 types of antennas and transmitted, then watched to see which antenna was picked up first on the reverse beacon network and how many spots there were for the transmission.