Re: Point of interest

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I felt a bump and then the glassware/bottles rattled.  The dogs were napping and jumped up at the bump.  Leica looked at me and calmed down, Eastman was convinced it was the start of the Alien Space Bat Global Invasion and was on high alert for maybe 10 minutes.

Given the 2.1 magnitude I’m surprised by how vigorous and sharp that initial bump was.  The brief shake afterwards I don’t think I would have noticed except for glassware in the cabinet (close together) and the bottles in the booze cabinet rattling.

-p W7PFB
paul.butzi.org
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Sep 4, 2022, at 4:17 PM, Tom WA7TBP via groups.io <tomwa7tbp@...> wrote:

Hi Paul.

Did the pups alert you to the fact there was earth movement, or did you feel it first?

Glad there was no damage.

Tom

In a message dated 9/3/2022 22:25:55 Pacific Standard Time, w7pfb@... writes:

Rattled some glassware at my home. No damage though.

-p

On Sep 3, 2022, at 10:20 PM, Tom WA7TBP via groups.io <tomwa7tbp@...> wrote:

Hello everyone:

Just wanted to let you know that at 1935 this evening, real close to the intersection of 332 Ave NE and NE 108th Street, there was a 2.1 magnitude earthquake. It was supposed to be about 4.7 miles deep.

I felt nothing and heard nothing. My earthquake app picked it up.

Hope none of you suffered any damage.

73,

Tom, WA7TBP