Date   

VHF January contest fun today, link: NAQP SSB link--Frequencies for Techs and Gens

Robin WA7CPA
 


Re: Is repeater down?

Rowland
 

Yes.....gen problems up there.


Thanks,

Rowland



On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 7:06 PM Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
I hadn't been listening all day. Just set up for 7 p.m. Rookie Roundtable and not even crickets...

73,
Robin, WA7CPA


Re: Is repeater down?

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM
 

Yes- power out- we moved to the carnation band

Excuse my typos - sent via my thumbs or by voice from a mobile device

On Jan 14, 2021, at 7:08 PM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

I hadn't been listening all day. Just set up for 7 p.m. Rookie Roundtable and not even crickets...

73,
Robin, WA7CPA

--
*************************
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM
(425) 864 - 5104
*************************


Is repeater down?

Robin WA7CPA
 

I hadn't been listening all day. Just set up for 7 p.m. Rookie Roundtable and not even crickets...

73,
Robin, WA7CPA


Re: gutter antenna

 

Hi all,

One question would be if any decent high evergreen trees are on the QTH? It's not hard to get a wire vertical along the side of the tree, otherwise I have seen NIVS antennas along wooden fences. 
Otherwise tune the mattress springs and see what might happen? Agree with Dan as anything can be tuned to match the radio but....

Ken W7ECK 

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 4:35 PM Dan Pflugrath <dpflugrath@...> wrote:

The three best STEALTH alternatives for HOA antennas are;

 

#1 use your attic.  A dipole, a trapped dipole, a fan dipole,  a long wire with a 9:1 transformer with a tuner or a resonate End Fed Half Wave with a 49:1 transformer in your attic will be better than something that puts the wire against a structure. 

 

#2 If at all possible stretch a long wire or resonant half wave wire to a tree, another structure or pole, something away from your structure will be better than #1.  I use 66 feet of 26 gage wire with a 49:1 transformer ,EFHW, which is very difficult to see.

 

#3 If you have at least a small yard most HOA's allow flag poles.  The 4BTV Hustler vertical can be encased in 1 1/2 inch thin walled PVC pipe to make a flag pole and have shown to be successful.  The Hustler vertical has been designed so that it can work reasonably well without ground radials.  The ground is the mounting pole that is driven into the ground to support the antenna/flag pole.  For the purest reading this yes it will work much better with a ground radial system.  If someone wants to try my 5BTV vertical and you are just getting into for HF it is yours for free.  Mine is in excellent condition and you can buy it for $75.  See the DX Engineering catalog.

 

#4 If you are stuck in an apartment and cannot throw some wire out the window the Magnetic Loop is probably you last option.  They have a very high Q which means they have a very narrow bandwidth and you must retune for any movement in frequency but I understand they work good for digital and OK for CW and SSB.

 

Let me know what option may work for you.  Note that alternatives 1-3 can be purchased or DIY to run a full kilowatt of transmitter power.

 

73 Dan KA7GPP

 

 

 

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io [mailto:snovarc@snovarc.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rowland
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 2:35 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] gutter antenna

 

No argument here on the gutter.  You do what you have to to get out.

 

 

Thanks,

 

Rowland

 

 

 

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 1:46 PM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) via groups.io <w7pfb=butzi.net@groups.io> wrote:

The gutter antenna does not have to outperform a 5 element yagi at 200 feet.  It just has to outperform no antenna at all to be an interesting antenna to folks who are looking at how to get an antenna past HOA restrictions..

 

So I’m curious, Rowland.  What antenna do you recommend in the situation where HOA restrictions prevent stringing up a ‘better’ antenna?

 

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!



On Jan 13, 2021, at 12:50 PM, Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:

 

It's like Lynn has said in the past you can tune just about anything to show the radio a 50 ohm load but the performance and output will suffer in the long run.

 

 

Thanks,

 

Rowland

 

 

 

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 11:37 AM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) via groups.io <w7pfb=butzi.net@groups.io> wrote:

Recently I speculated (while discussing antenna possibilities with Ryan KI7GIE and Howard WA1HEM) that a remote tuner would make short work of turning a metal gutter system into a usable/useful antenna.  The motivation was to get a usable HF antenna in the face of HOA restrictions.

 

Interesting thread on success at doing this on Reddit:

 

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

 

 

 

 



____________________________________________________________

Top News - Sponsored By Newser


Re: gutter antenna

Dan Pflugrath
 

The three best STEALTH alternatives for HOA antennas are;

 

#1 use your attic.  A dipole, a trapped dipole, a fan dipole,  a long wire with a 9:1 transformer with a tuner or a resonate End Fed Half Wave with a 49:1 transformer in your attic will be better than something that puts the wire against a structure. 

 

#2 If at all possible stretch a long wire or resonant half wave wire to a tree, another structure or pole, something away from your structure will be better than #1.  I use 66 feet of 26 gage wire with a 49:1 transformer ,EFHW, which is very difficult to see.

 

#3 If you have at least a small yard most HOA's allow flag poles.  The 4BTV Hustler vertical can be encased in 1 1/2 inch thin walled PVC pipe to make a flag pole and have shown to be successful.  The Hustler vertical has been designed so that it can work reasonably well without ground radials.  The ground is the mounting pole that is driven into the ground to support the antenna/flag pole.  For the purest reading this yes it will work much better with a ground radial system.  If someone wants to try my 5BTV vertical and you are just getting into for HF it is yours for free.  Mine is in excellent condition and you can buy it for $75.  See the DX Engineering catalog.

 

#4 If you are stuck in an apartment and cannot throw some wire out the window the Magnetic Loop is probably you last option.  They have a very high Q which means they have a very narrow bandwidth and you must retune for any movement in frequency but I understand they work good for digital and OK for CW and SSB.

 

Let me know what option may work for you.  Note that alternatives 1-3 can be purchased or DIY to run a full kilowatt of transmitter power.

 

73 Dan KA7GPP

 

 

 

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io [mailto:snovarc@snovarc.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rowland
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 2:35 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] gutter antenna

 

No argument here on the gutter.  You do what you have to to get out.

 

 

Thanks,

 

Rowland

 

 

 

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 1:46 PM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) via groups.io <w7pfb=butzi.net@groups.io> wrote:

The gutter antenna does not have to outperform a 5 element yagi at 200 feet.  It just has to outperform no antenna at all to be an interesting antenna to folks who are looking at how to get an antenna past HOA restrictions..

 

So I’m curious, Rowland.  What antenna do you recommend in the situation where HOA restrictions prevent stringing up a ‘better’ antenna?

 

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!



On Jan 13, 2021, at 12:50 PM, Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:

 

It's like Lynn has said in the past you can tune just about anything to show the radio a 50 ohm load but the performance and output will suffer in the long run.

 

 

Thanks,

 

Rowland

 

 

 

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 11:37 AM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) via groups.io <w7pfb=butzi.net@groups.io> wrote:

Recently I speculated (while discussing antenna possibilities with Ryan KI7GIE and Howard WA1HEM) that a remote tuner would make short work of turning a metal gutter system into a usable/useful antenna.  The motivation was to get a usable HF antenna in the face of HOA restrictions.

 

Interesting thread on success at doing this on Reddit:

 

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

 

 

 

 



____________________________________________________________

Top News - Sponsored By Newser


Re: gutter antenna

Rowland
 

No argument here on the gutter.  You do what you have to to get out.


Thanks,

Rowland



On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 1:46 PM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) via groups.io <w7pfb=butzi.net@groups.io> wrote:
The gutter antenna does not have to outperform a 5 element yagi at 200 feet.  It just has to outperform no antenna at all to be an interesting antenna to folks who are looking at how to get an antenna past HOA restrictions..

So I’m curious, Rowland.  What antenna do you recommend in the situation where HOA restrictions prevent stringing up a ‘better’ antenna?

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Jan 13, 2021, at 12:50 PM, Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:

It's like Lynn has said in the past you can tune just about anything to show the radio a 50 ohm load but the performance and output will suffer in the long run.


Thanks,

Rowland



On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 11:37 AM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) via groups.io <w7pfb=butzi.net@groups.io> wrote:
Recently I speculated (while discussing antenna possibilities with Ryan KI7GIE and Howard WA1HEM) that a remote tuner would make short work of turning a metal gutter system into a usable/useful antenna.  The motivation was to get a usable HF antenna in the face of HOA restrictions.

Interesting thread on success at doing this on Reddit:

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!





Re: gutter antenna

Robin WA7CPA
 

How about a mag loop?


On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 1:46 PM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) via groups.io <w7pfb=butzi.net@groups.io> wrote:
The gutter antenna does not have to outperform a 5 element yagi at 200 feet.  It just has to outperform no antenna at all to be an interesting antenna to folks who are looking at how to get an antenna past HOA restrictions..

So I’m curious, Rowland.  What antenna do you recommend in the situation where HOA restrictions prevent stringing up a ‘better’ antenna?

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Jan 13, 2021, at 12:50 PM, Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:

It's like Lynn has said in the past you can tune just about anything to show the radio a 50 ohm load but the performance and output will suffer in the long run.


Thanks,

Rowland



On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 11:37 AM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) via groups.io <w7pfb=butzi.net@groups.io> wrote:
Recently I speculated (while discussing antenna possibilities with Ryan KI7GIE and Howard WA1HEM) that a remote tuner would make short work of turning a metal gutter system into a usable/useful antenna.  The motivation was to get a usable HF antenna in the face of HOA restrictions.

Interesting thread on success at doing this on Reddit:

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!





Re: Next Fldigi Class

Robin WA7CPA
 

.IC 7300


On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 12:56 PM Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:
We had an Fldigi class last week that was centered on the ICOM 7300.  It was a great class and Ryan and Paul were excellent Elmers. 

Would like to schedule another one for February if there is interest.  The question is what other radio system would people like to use for this class.

Please get back to me soon with your choices.  Each of these classes is limited to 4-5 participants or it gets a little unmanageable in the short period of time allotted for them.


Thanks,

Rowland


Re: gutter antenna

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)
 

The gutter antenna does not have to outperform a 5 element yagi at 200 feet.  It just has to outperform no antenna at all to be an interesting antenna to folks who are looking at how to get an antenna past HOA restrictions..

So I’m curious, Rowland.  What antenna do you recommend in the situation where HOA restrictions prevent stringing up a ‘better’ antenna?

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Jan 13, 2021, at 12:50 PM, Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:

It's like Lynn has said in the past you can tune just about anything to show the radio a 50 ohm load but the performance and output will suffer in the long run.


Thanks,

Rowland



On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 11:37 AM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) via groups.io <w7pfb=butzi.net@groups.io> wrote:
Recently I speculated (while discussing antenna possibilities with Ryan KI7GIE and Howard WA1HEM) that a remote tuner would make short work of turning a metal gutter system into a usable/useful antenna.  The motivation was to get a usable HF antenna in the face of HOA restrictions.

Interesting thread on success at doing this on Reddit:

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!





Next Fldigi Class

Rowland
 

We had an Fldigi class last week that was centered on the ICOM 7300.  It was a great class and Ryan and Paul were excellent Elmers. 

Would like to schedule another one for February if there is interest.  The question is what other radio system would people like to use for this class.

Please get back to me soon with your choices.  Each of these classes is limited to 4-5 participants or it gets a little unmanageable in the short period of time allotted for them.


Thanks,

Rowland


Re: gutter antenna

Rowland
 

It's like Lynn has said in the past you can tune just about anything to show the radio a 50 ohm load but the performance and output will suffer in the long run.


Thanks,

Rowland



On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 11:37 AM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) via groups.io <w7pfb=butzi.net@groups.io> wrote:
Recently I speculated (while discussing antenna possibilities with Ryan KI7GIE and Howard WA1HEM) that a remote tuner would make short work of turning a metal gutter system into a usable/useful antenna.  The motivation was to get a usable HF antenna in the face of HOA restrictions.

Interesting thread on success at doing this on Reddit:

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!


gutter antenna

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)
 

Recently I speculated (while discussing antenna possibilities with Ryan KI7GIE and Howard WA1HEM) that a remote tuner would make short work of turning a metal gutter system into a usable/useful antenna.  The motivation was to get a usable HF antenna in the face of HOA restrictions.

Interesting thread on success at doing this on Reddit:

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!


Re: Covid Shot

Martin Tuip
 

How long it takes depends on how much time you invest in studying.  I can be done in a week for the basic license.  https://hamradioprep.com/license-cost/
 

------ Original Message ------
From: "Douglas Schwed" <doug@...>
To: "snovarc@snovarc.groups.io" <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Sent: 1/12/2021 10:14:42 AM
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Covid Shot
 

Dear Martin,

How long does it take to get ham license and how much does it cost?

Thanks,

Doug

 

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> On Behalf Of Martin Tuip
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 5:46 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io; snovarc@snovarc.groups.io
Cc: tech@...
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Covid Shot

 

The jotform link is the same link that is sent out from primary care providers.  I actually received the same one through their secure system.

 

 

M

 

------ Original Message ------

From: "Rowland" <rowland.brasch@...>

Sent: 1/9/2021 5:00:56 PM

Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Covid Shot

 

Everyone has to decide if they want to use it or not.  We got it from KING 5 so be the judge.

 

 

Thanks,

 

Rowland

 

 

 

On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 3:07 PM Lindy KG7IFA via groups.io <lindyforbarclays=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

I agree the website name is questionable.  I clicked on the link but didn't enter any info.

 

 

 

The PhaseFinder tool, which the health department plans to make broadly available to the public, is designed to take care of any questioning.

It will include questions about someone’s age, ZIP code, preexisting conditions, their occupation and living situation, according to a DOH presentation for vaccine providers posted online. A pilot version of PhaseFinder, for people in the first vaccination phase, asks for age, and if the user works in a health care setting or lives in a long-term care facility, whether they plan to get the vaccine, and if they want to be notified by email or text when eligible.

 

The tool will come in multiple languages, according to the presentation, and will refer a user to a vaccination site through VaccineFinder.org, an existing national platform for seasonal flu vaccines, vaccines for travel and other routine vaccines.

 

 

 

 

 

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Gary <tech@...>
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Cc: tech@... <tech@...>
Sent: Sat, Jan 9, 2021 2:28 pm
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Covid Shot

Speaking as one who is in the data-security business..... I (personally) would be reluctant to put my info into a form like this. 

 

It has all the right logos and everything, but it is NOT hosted on the Washington State department of health site (http://www.doh.wa.gov/), nor can I find a link to it on DOH's vaccine-info page.  Literally anyone could have set up this form and be using it to collect people's personal info.

 

It might be totally legit.... or it might not.  Either way, it's always a good idea to be careful with your personal info....

 

Bruce

 

 

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [SnoVARC] Covid Shot
From: "Rowland" <rowland.brasch@...>
Date: Sat, January 09, 2021 11:49 am
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io

If you are interested when you will be eligible for your Covid shot go to this site.

 

 

 

Thanks,

 

Rowland

 


FW: [SnoVARC] Covid Shot

Douglas Schwed
 

 

 

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> On Behalf Of Douglas Schwed
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 10:15 AM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Covid Shot

 

Dear Martin,

How long does it take to get ham license and how much does it cost?

Thanks,

Doug

 

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> On Behalf Of Martin Tuip
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 5:46 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io; snovarc@snovarc.groups.io
Cc: tech@...
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Covid Shot

 

The jotform link is the same link that is sent out from primary care providers.  I actually received the same one through their secure system.

 

 

M

 

------ Original Message ------

From: "Rowland" <rowland.brasch@...>

Cc: "tech@..." <tech@...>

Sent: 1/9/2021 5:00:56 PM

Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Covid Shot

 

Everyone has to decide if they want to use it or not.  We got it from KING 5 so be the judge.

 

 

Thanks,

 

Rowland

 

 

 

On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 3:07 PM Lindy KG7IFA via groups.io <lindyforbarclays=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

I agree the website name is questionable.  I clicked on the link but didn't enter any info.

 

 

 

The PhaseFinder tool, which the health department plans to make broadly available to the public, is designed to take care of any questioning.

It will include questions about someone’s age, ZIP code, preexisting conditions, their occupation and living situation, according to a DOH presentation for vaccine providers posted online. A pilot version of PhaseFinder, for people in the first vaccination phase, asks for age, and if the user works in a health care setting or lives in a long-term care facility, whether they plan to get the vaccine, and if they want to be notified by email or text when eligible.

 

The tool will come in multiple languages, according to the presentation, and will refer a user to a vaccination site through VaccineFinder.org, an existing national platform for seasonal flu vaccines, vaccines for travel and other routine vaccines.

 

 

 

 

 

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Gary <tech@...>
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Cc: tech@... <tech@...>
Sent: Sat, Jan 9, 2021 2:28 pm
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Covid Shot

Speaking as one who is in the data-security business..... I (personally) would be reluctant to put my info into a form like this. 

 

It has all the right logos and everything, but it is NOT hosted on the Washington State department of health site (http://www.doh.wa.gov/), nor can I find a link to it on DOH's vaccine-info page.  Literally anyone could have set up this form and be using it to collect people's personal info.

 

It might be totally legit.... or it might not.  Either way, it's always a good idea to be careful with your personal info....

 

Bruce

 

 

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [SnoVARC] Covid Shot
From: "Rowland" <rowland.brasch@...>
Date: Sat, January 09, 2021 11:49 am
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io

If you are interested when you will be eligible for your Covid shot go to this site.

 

 

 

Thanks,

 

Rowland

 


Re: Covid Shot

Douglas Schwed
 

Dear Martin,

How long does it take to get ham license and how much does it cost?

Thanks,

Doug

 

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> On Behalf Of Martin Tuip
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 5:46 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io; snovarc@snovarc.groups.io
Cc: tech@...
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Covid Shot

 

The jotform link is the same link that is sent out from primary care providers.  I actually received the same one through their secure system.

 

 

M

 

------ Original Message ------

From: "Rowland" <rowland.brasch@...>

Cc: "tech@..." <tech@...>

Sent: 1/9/2021 5:00:56 PM

Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Covid Shot

 

Everyone has to decide if they want to use it or not.  We got it from KING 5 so be the judge.

 

 

Thanks,

 

Rowland

 

 

 

On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 3:07 PM Lindy KG7IFA via groups.io <lindyforbarclays=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

I agree the website name is questionable.  I clicked on the link but didn't enter any info.

 

 

 

The PhaseFinder tool, which the health department plans to make broadly available to the public, is designed to take care of any questioning.

It will include questions about someone’s age, ZIP code, preexisting conditions, their occupation and living situation, according to a DOH presentation for vaccine providers posted online. A pilot version of PhaseFinder, for people in the first vaccination phase, asks for age, and if the user works in a health care setting or lives in a long-term care facility, whether they plan to get the vaccine, and if they want to be notified by email or text when eligible.

 

The tool will come in multiple languages, according to the presentation, and will refer a user to a vaccination site through VaccineFinder.org, an existing national platform for seasonal flu vaccines, vaccines for travel and other routine vaccines.

 

 

 

 

 

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Gary <tech@...>
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Cc: tech@... <tech@...>
Sent: Sat, Jan 9, 2021 2:28 pm
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Covid Shot

Speaking as one who is in the data-security business..... I (personally) would be reluctant to put my info into a form like this. 

 

It has all the right logos and everything, but it is NOT hosted on the Washington State department of health site (http://www.doh.wa.gov/), nor can I find a link to it on DOH's vaccine-info page.  Literally anyone could have set up this form and be using it to collect people's personal info.

 

It might be totally legit.... or it might not.  Either way, it's always a good idea to be careful with your personal info....

 

Bruce

 

 

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [SnoVARC] Covid Shot
From: "Rowland" <rowland.brasch@...>
Date: Sat, January 09, 2021 11:49 am
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io

If you are interested when you will be eligible for your Covid shot go to this site.

 

 

 

Thanks,

 

Rowland

 


Re: Covid Shot

Martin Tuip
 

The jotform link is the same link that is sent out from primary care providers.  I actually received the same one through their secure system.
 
 
M
 

------ Original Message ------
From: "Rowland" <rowland.brasch@...>
Cc: "tech@..." <tech@...>
Sent: 1/9/2021 5:00:56 PM
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Covid Shot
 
Everyone has to decide if they want to use it or not.  We got it from KING 5 so be the judge.


Thanks,

Rowland



On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 3:07 PM Lindy KG7IFA via groups.io <lindyforbarclays=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I agree the website name is questionable.  I clicked on the link but didn't enter any info.



The PhaseFinder tool, which the health department plans to make broadly available to the public, is designed to take care of any questioning.
It will include questions about someone’s age, ZIP code, preexisting conditions, their occupation and living situation, according to a DOH presentation for vaccine providers posted online. A pilot version of PhaseFinder, for people in the first vaccination phase, asks for age, and if the user works in a health care setting or lives in a long-term care facility, whether they plan to get the vaccine, and if they want to be notified by email or text when eligible.

The tool will come in multiple languages, according to the presentation, and will refer a user to a vaccination site through VaccineFinder.org, an existing national platform for seasonal flu vaccines, vaccines for travel and other routine vaccines.





-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Gary <tech@...>
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Cc: tech@... <tech@...>
Sent: Sat, Jan 9, 2021 2:28 pm
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Covid Shot

Speaking as one who is in the data-security business..... I (personally) would be reluctant to put my info into a form like this. 

It has all the right logos and everything, but it is NOT hosted on the Washington State department of health site (http://www.doh.wa.gov/), nor can I find a link to it on DOH's vaccine-info page.  Literally anyone could have set up this form and be using it to collect people's personal info.

It might be totally legit.... or it might not.  Either way, it's always a good idea to be careful with your personal info....

Bruce


-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [SnoVARC] Covid Shot
From: "Rowland" <rowland.brasch@...>
Date: Sat, January 09, 2021 11:49 am
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io

If you are interested when you will be eligible for your Covid shot go to this site.



Thanks,

Rowland


Re: Covid Shot

Gerard Repko
 

Oh I totally agree on the security aspect. But the form was very innocuous as to the info they wanted it was just name, date of birth and the state you live in. My wife also works in IT for a large company, and I’m also fairly proficient in computer skills. I also run a VPN For all of my devices. But you are on point about security.

73
KG7REV

P.S. I don’t plan on even getting the vaccine.I don’t want to be in the beta group. I’ll take the stance of wait and see😉 I was just curious as to whether I qualify or not. But with my extensive medical history I’m sure my doc would get me one. I believe he’s already asked me, but he knows me for close to 20 years, so he knows where I stand.


Re: Early Bird Registration Now Available For March QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo!!

Rowland
 

I also attended last time and I thought it was amazing what they provided.  I just registered again.


Thanks,

Rowland



On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 1:24 PM Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
Yes I attended as well and am already registered again. Much cheaper and more convenient than in person conventions.

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021, 12:41 PM Paul Zoba <pezoba@...> wrote:
I attended this last year and thought it was great. I probably watched 20-25 of the technical presentations, you’ll have access to them after the event too. Highly recommended!

Thanks - Paul, W7PEZ

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 12:32 PM Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:

Take a look.

Thanks,

Rowland



---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo Team <hamexpo@...>
Date: Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 12:02 PM
Subject: Early Bird Registration Now Available For March QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo!!
To: Rowland Brasch <rowland.brasch@...>



Dear Rowland, 

The first QSO Today Expo was a great success with over 16,000 attendees and the March 13-14, 2021 event is anticipated to be even larger. The QSO Expo team has been working hard to make this upcoming Expo even better with new speakers, panel discussions, kit building workshops, and much more. 

Anyone can attend from their home or office. 

Early Bird Tickets are just $10 (to help cover the cost of this event, $12.50 at the "door") and include entry for the Live 2 day period as well as the 30-day on-demand period). Registration can be found at www.qsotodayhamexpo.com

The ARRL, the national association for Amateur Radio® in the United States, is a QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo Partner.

At the Expo, amateur radio operators will be able to:
  • Learn from a packed line-up of 60+ renowned ham radio speakers such as Bob Allphin, K4UEE, on “My Favorite DXpeditions to DXCC Top 10 Most Wanted”; Michael Foerster, W0IH, on “Using the Arduino In Your Shack”; and Ron Jones, K7RJ, on “3D Printer Basics”.
  • Take part in Live virtual kit building workshops. Kits will be available for purchase and delivered to you in time for the Expo so you can participate and build from the convenience of your home.
  • Walk through the virtual exhibit hall filled with popular amateur radio suppliers. Watch live product demos of the latest equipment. New video technology will be used to provide a better experience for attendees to engage with exhibitors.
  • Outside of our virtual auditorium is a virtual lounge with tables and chairs for live video chats to allow a “hallway meetup” experience.
  • Prior to the Expo, take advantage of our new speaker calendar technology to download speaker times in your local time zones to your Google or Outlook calendar. You’ll then have a complete schedule of the sessions you want to join.

If you’ve never been to an in-person Hamfest or Expo, you can participate from the convenience of your home or office without spending a dime on travel! This platform simulates a full convention experience with an exhibit hall and exhibit booths staffed by live attendants, speaker auditorium with live Q&A, and now our video lounge. 

And remember that you can return over the 30 days after the QSO Today Expo to listen to speakers you missed during the Live period, explore, and re-engage exhibitor offerings.

Flexradio is the Expo’s Platinum Sponsor and Gold sponsors as of this time include Elecraft, RFinder, and Connect Systems.

Go to https://www.qsotodayhamexpo.com/ now to learn more and get registered!

We look forward to having you join us at Expo for an amazing and engaging experience.


Re: Early Bird Registration Now Available For March QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo!!

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM
 

Registered- looking forward to it!  

Excuse my typos - sent via my thumbs or by voice from a mobile device

On Jan 10, 2021, at 1:24 PM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:


Yes I attended as well and am already registered again. Much cheaper and more convenient than in person conventions.

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021, 12:41 PM Paul Zoba <pezoba@...> wrote:
I attended this last year and thought it was great. I probably watched 20-25 of the technical presentations, you’ll have access to them after the event too. Highly recommended!

Thanks - Paul, W7PEZ

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 12:32 PM Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:

Take a look.

Thanks,

Rowland



---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo Team <hamexpo@...>
Date: Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 12:02 PM
Subject: Early Bird Registration Now Available For March QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo!!
To: Rowland Brasch <rowland.brasch@...>



Dear Rowland, 

The first QSO Today Expo was a great success with over 16,000 attendees and the March 13-14, 2021 event is anticipated to be even larger. The QSO Expo team has been working hard to make this upcoming Expo even better with new speakers, panel discussions, kit building workshops, and much more. 

Anyone can attend from their home or office. 

Early Bird Tickets are just $10 (to help cover the cost of this event, $12.50 at the "door") and include entry for the Live 2 day period as well as the 30-day on-demand period). Registration can be found at www.qsotodayhamexpo.com

The ARRL, the national association for Amateur Radio® in the United States, is a QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo Partner.

At the Expo, amateur radio operators will be able to:
  • Learn from a packed line-up of 60+ renowned ham radio speakers such as Bob Allphin, K4UEE, on “My Favorite DXpeditions to DXCC Top 10 Most Wanted”; Michael Foerster, W0IH, on “Using the Arduino In Your Shack”; and Ron Jones, K7RJ, on “3D Printer Basics”.
  • Take part in Live virtual kit building workshops. Kits will be available for purchase and delivered to you in time for the Expo so you can participate and build from the convenience of your home.
  • Walk through the virtual exhibit hall filled with popular amateur radio suppliers. Watch live product demos of the latest equipment. New video technology will be used to provide a better experience for attendees to engage with exhibitors.
  • Outside of our virtual auditorium is a virtual lounge with tables and chairs for live video chats to allow a “hallway meetup” experience.
  • Prior to the Expo, take advantage of our new speaker calendar technology to download speaker times in your local time zones to your Google or Outlook calendar. You’ll then have a complete schedule of the sessions you want to join.

If you’ve never been to an in-person Hamfest or Expo, you can participate from the convenience of your home or office without spending a dime on travel! This platform simulates a full convention experience with an exhibit hall and exhibit booths staffed by live attendants, speaker auditorium with live Q&A, and now our video lounge. 

And remember that you can return over the 30 days after the QSO Today Expo to listen to speakers you missed during the Live period, explore, and re-engage exhibitor offerings.

Flexradio is the Expo’s Platinum Sponsor and Gold sponsors as of this time include Elecraft, RFinder, and Connect Systems.

Go to https://www.qsotodayhamexpo.com/ now to learn more and get registered!

We look forward to having you join us at Expo for an amazing and engaging experience.


--
*************************
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM
(425) 864 - 5104
*************************

201 - 220 of 6411