Date   

Re: Net control needed for May 26th Rookie Roundtable

Mike Kelly KJ7JNG
 

Kirt,

I have Net Control duties at 8 pm on 5/26. If no one else has volunteered for the 7 pm rookie round table, I will do it. Is there a script I need to follow? If so, please forward it to me.

Thanks,

Mike Kelly
KJ7JNG 

On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 2:11 PM Kirt White / K7KDW <kirtwhite@...> wrote:

My calendar is all messed up this month. 


I have a middle school band concert this Thursday evening. Is there someone that can cover net control for the Rookie around stable? 


Thanks
Kirt


Net control needed for May 26th Rookie Roundtable

Kirt White / K7KDW
 

My calendar is all messed up this month. 


I have a middle school band concert this Thursday evening. Is there someone that can cover net control for the Rookie around stable? 


Thanks
Kirt


Re: Myers Repeater Installation

 

Yes big thank you to Tom, Rowland, Ralph, Paul, Jessy and Shawn. The bees kind of changed things up but seems in operation except the clock is off, laughs.
I would note if in other areas and can not access direct try the cross band located in Carnation area on 145.590 no shift tone 162.2.

Ken W7ECK


Myers Repeater Installation

Rowland
 

Thank you to those who helped with this project today. I thought it went smooth other than the bees. Wow did we have the perfect weather for it. 

The Myers Repeater is now working. 443.250 + 103.5

For those not familiar, it is located on the West side of the valley up on the hill. 

Thanks, 
Rowland
--
Thanks,
Rowland


5-19-22 Third Thursday mini exercise

Tom WA7TBP
 

Hello everyone;
 
Here is the information for the Thursday night mini exercise.
 
1. After the check in net is completed, we will continue to use the Cougar repeater to coordinate our drill.
    Cougar: 441.825, plus 5 MHz, tone 103.5 Hz.
 
2. Net Control will check in the exercise participants on the Cougar repeater.
 
3. We will do the signal reports on VHF simplex.
    Myers cross band, 145.590 MHz, no tone.
 
4. Obviously, a dual band radio will be the best to use, but use what you have.
 
5. Net Control Station (NCS) will run a signal test at 6 power levels. 
 
6. You can use the attached exercise aids to record your observations, or use the exercise aids to design your         own form. One form is for the NCS signal report, the other for the exercise participants. You can record your     data for 4 stations with this form. You will probably need several copies to run the exercise.
 
7. After NCS, has run the signal report, NCS will have each station in the exercise provide a signal report at           your highest power, at mid level power, and the lowest power. on 145.590 MHz. If you know what your             power level is for high, middle, and low, please provide it so the stations can record the data. 
 
8. If time permits, and there is interest, NCS will allow contact between the exercise stations at various powers       levels.
 
I hope this exercise will provide some useful information for all of us.
 
See you on Thursday.
 
73,
 
Tom, WA7TBP


2022 Tunnel Marathon series

Rowland
 

Please check this out and help if you can.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Matt N7ROO <n7roo@...>
Date: Mon, May 16, 2022 at 9:22 PM
Subject: 2022 Tunnel Marathon series
To: Matt N7ROO <n7roo@...>, Aiden Doherty <aidend@...>


BCC: North Bend ARES, Issaquah ARES, Redmond ARES, SnoVARC, Kittitas ARES

Hello amateur radio and emcomm folks,

The North Bend ARES Team was recently contacted by the organizers of the Tunnel Marathon to request volunteer communication support for their races occurring:
  • Sunday June 12th 
  • Sunday August 14th
  • Sunday September 18th  
For those that have not participated before, all three marathons follow the same course along the John Wayne Pioneer trail from Hyak to North Bend. Communicators are typically located at aid stations along the route, or the finish line. Should we have excess volunteers, we may have some on bicycles. 

For those of us who have been stuck inside for too long, this volunteer effort will allow us to not only test our communication skills, but also be of service to the community while out in nature. Communicators are expected to provide coverage from race start (0600 or 0700) until the last runner has passed their position. 

Please feel free to distribute this email among your members as needed. If members are interested in volunteering for 1, 2 or all 3 races please have them register their interest using this form. Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me.

Additional details will be sent out prior to the start of each race to individuals that have signed up.

73

Cheers,
Matt Swift - N7ROO
Operations Manager  |  North Bend ARES Team
--
Thanks,
Rowland


May 19 third Thursday mini exercise

Tom WA7TBP
 

Hello everyone:
 
Our third Thursday mini will be an extension of the VHF coverage test we did last month. This time, we will examine how varying power levels will change reception. I am putting together a work add for you and will hopefully get out Tuesday or Wednesday.
 
See you on Thursday
 
Tom.


Re: June hybrid meeting feedback request

Kirt White / K7KDW
 

Thanks Mike. This feedback helps. 

On May 13, 2022, at 4:33 PM, Mike Kelly KJ7JNG <mike.kelly.56@...> wrote:


Kirt,

I joined via Zoom and only once did I have a hard time hearing one person speaking, someone mentioned the issue and the person speaking adjusted something and I could hear him clearly/loudly. I always heard Tom very clearly. The person presenting (great presentation) was also easy to hear and his deck was easy to see. 

Mike Kelly
KJ7JNG

On Sat, May 7, 2022 at 7:33 PM Kirt White / K7KDW <kirtwhite@...> wrote:
Thank you to everyone who attended the June club meeting (either in person or via Zoom). 

The hybrid meeting presented some unique challenges. With the room setup, capturing in-person audio is probably the most challenging. 

I'd love to hear feedback from those that joined via Zoom. I realize that those sitting at the table facing the microphone (Paul, Shawn and Ken in this case) should be the easiest to pick up, while those sitting on the sides (Myself, Rowland and Howard) would be the hardest. 

Moving forward, we do have some changes to try to make the experience better. We also have some additional challenges next month with 2 in-person presenters. 

Any feedback you can provide is helpful. Specifically people who you maybe couldn't hear or if turning up your listening volume was enough as well as if the "audience" mic interfered with the ability to hear Tom. 

Thanks
Kirt


Re: June hybrid meeting feedback request

Mike Kelly KJ7JNG
 

Kirt,

I joined via Zoom and only once did I have a hard time hearing one person speaking, someone mentioned the issue and the person speaking adjusted something and I could hear him clearly/loudly. I always heard Tom very clearly. The person presenting (great presentation) was also easy to hear and his deck was easy to see. 

Mike Kelly
KJ7JNG

On Sat, May 7, 2022 at 7:33 PM Kirt White / K7KDW <kirtwhite@...> wrote:
Thank you to everyone who attended the June club meeting (either in person or via Zoom). 

The hybrid meeting presented some unique challenges. With the room setup, capturing in-person audio is probably the most challenging. 

I'd love to hear feedback from those that joined via Zoom. I realize that those sitting at the table facing the microphone (Paul, Shawn and Ken in this case) should be the easiest to pick up, while those sitting on the sides (Myself, Rowland and Howard) would be the hardest. 

Moving forward, we do have some changes to try to make the experience better. We also have some additional challenges next month with 2 in-person presenters. 

Any feedback you can provide is helpful. Specifically people who you maybe couldn't hear or if turning up your listening volume was enough as well as if the "audience" mic interfered with the ability to hear Tom. 

Thanks
Kirt


Re: June SnoVARC Meeting and Elmer Session

Rowland
 

That sounds like a psychological scheduling error.  You should be there for this presentation.......😉


Thanks,

Rowland



On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 7:43 PM Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:
I will be helping Kirt get prepped for this super cool meeting but I will miss the meeting as I’ll be out of town the first week of June 


On May 12, 2022, at 7:11 PM, Ryan - KJ7GIE <rsm@...> wrote:



Yes, me. I'll be there. Got it on the cal.


--
*************************
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM
*************************


Re: June SnoVARC Meeting and Elmer Session

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM
 

I will be helping Kirt get prepped for this super cool meeting but I will miss the meeting as I’ll be out of town the first week of June 


On May 12, 2022, at 7:11 PM, Ryan - KJ7GIE <rsm@...> wrote:



Yes, me. I'll be there. Got it on the cal.


--
*************************
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM
*************************


Re: June SnoVARC Meeting and Elmer Session

Ryan - KJ7GIE
 

Yes, me. I'll be there. Got it on the cal.


Rookie Roundtable Net Control Sign-Up For June/July

Kirt White / K7KDW
 

Net control spots open for June and July. Feel free to insert your name in any spot you'd like. Reach out to me if you have any questions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ndMbhGl78VpYkdnNWVsPHhFuKEfom29Vtvi-CHiDI8Q/edit#gid=0

Thanks
Kirt


Looking to donate ham gear

Rowland
 

Some of you might need interested or know someone who is. See below.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Adam Ham <7nlin.retired@...>
Date: Sat, May 7, 2022 at 4:19 PM
Subject: Looking to donate ham gear
To: <info@...>


Hi,

I am a former ham (N7LIN) living in North Bend. Been silent for decades. I have some older equipment to clear out (a few 2m transceivers (2 Kenmore, 1 Heath (prefab, not kit)), a 10m QRP handheld transceiver, a general purpose Heathkit HW99 50W CW transceiver, dummy loads, other low power stuff). I am interested in donating to the purpose of bringing new folks into the hobby (or for any ham related legit fun).

If you know of someone that could use this gear before I pitch (donated, gratis of course) it I'd be grateful for the advice.  I had a lot of Elmers who did the same for me when I started.....

I can be contacted at this email address.

Steve Becka (N7LIN retired)
--
Thanks,
Rowland


Re: June SnoVARC Meeting and Elmer Session

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)
 

I’m planning on attending, thanks.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On May 7, 2022, at 4:46 PM, Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:

YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS ONE!

For the June Elmer session we are going to have two speakers from the American Red Cross to talk about Psychological First Aid.

I was reading an article on PTSD in the ARRL QST Magazine last month and it got me thinking about all of you and how well you are prepared to work in a tense situation. When I was working with the Red Cross this was required training for those of us that deployed to events local or national.  I thought it was an excellent class.

Here is a description of the class from one of the instructors...

PSYCHOLOGICAL FIRST AID
This is a one-hour to a one-and-one-half hour training focused on skills that have been found to be most helpful when interacting with people in distress. These skills are useful whether the distress is caused by a large crisis that affects many people, or an event that might occur in a household or on a work team. These skills are learnable and powerful but, as is true in acquiring any new skill, require practice.

The class will be limited to 30 participants so I need to hear from each one of you that plan on attending. If we have less than the 30 count I am going to invite some Issaquah ARC members to fill the class. We also have a few firefighters attending that night. It will be held at the Duvall Fire Department class room following our normal business meeting on June 2nd.  Business meeting will start at 6:15pm with this class beginning at 7:00pm. It will be on Zoom also but I believe if you can attend in person you might get more out of the class.

Send an email to me at rowland.brasch@... to confirm your participation soon so I can get an accurate count.  If you do confirm and then something changes please let me know that also so if there is a waiting list I can invite another person.


Thanks,

Rowland
K7RWB



June hybrid meeting feedback request

Kirt White / K7KDW
 

Thank you to everyone who attended the June club meeting (either in person or via Zoom). 

The hybrid meeting presented some unique challenges. With the room setup, capturing in-person audio is probably the most challenging. 

I'd love to hear feedback from those that joined via Zoom. I realize that those sitting at the table facing the microphone (Paul, Shawn and Ken in this case) should be the easiest to pick up, while those sitting on the sides (Myself, Rowland and Howard) would be the hardest. 

Moving forward, we do have some changes to try to make the experience better. We also have some additional challenges next month with 2 in-person presenters. 

Any feedback you can provide is helpful. Specifically people who you maybe couldn't hear or if turning up your listening volume was enough as well as if the "audience" mic interfered with the ability to hear Tom. 

Thanks
Kirt


Re: June SnoVARC Meeting and Elmer Session

Bob (KI7RMO)
 

Rowland, count me in. 

Thanks, Bob

KI7RMO

 

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rowland
Sent: Saturday, May 7, 2022 4:47 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io
Subject: [SnoVARC] June SnoVARC Meeting and Elmer Session

 

YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS ONE!

 

For the June Elmer session we are going to have two speakers from the American Red Cross to talk about Psychological First Aid.

 

I was reading an article on PTSD in the ARRL QST Magazine last month and it got me thinking about all of you and how well you are prepared to work in a tense situation. When I was working with the Red Cross this was required training for those of us that deployed to events local or national.  I thought it was an excellent class.

 

Here is a description of the class from one of the instructors...

 

PSYCHOLOGICAL FIRST AID

This is a one-hour to a one-and-one-half hour training focused on skills that have been found to be most helpful when interacting with people in distress. These skills are useful whether the distress is caused by a large crisis that affects many people, or an event that might occur in a household or on a work team. These skills are learnable and powerful but, as is true in acquiring any new skill, require practice.

 

The class will be limited to 30 participants so I need to hear from each one of you that plan on attending. If we have less than the 30 count I am going to invite some Issaquah ARC members to fill the class. We also have a few firefighters attending that night. It will be held at the Duvall Fire Department class room following our normal business meeting on June 2nd.  Business meeting will start at 6:15pm with this class beginning at 7:00pm. It will be on Zoom also but I believe if you can attend in person you might get more out of the class.

 

Send an email to me at rowland.brasch@... to confirm your participation soon so I can get an accurate count.  If you do confirm and then something changes please let me know that also so if there is a waiting list I can invite another person.

 

 

Thanks,

 

Rowland

K7RWB

 


June SnoVARC Meeting and Elmer Session

Rowland
 

YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS ONE!

For the June Elmer session we are going to have two speakers from the American Red Cross to talk about Psychological First Aid.

I was reading an article on PTSD in the ARRL QST Magazine last month and it got me thinking about all of you and how well you are prepared to work in a tense situation. When I was working with the Red Cross this was required training for those of us that deployed to events local or national.  I thought it was an excellent class.

Here is a description of the class from one of the instructors...

PSYCHOLOGICAL FIRST AID

This is a one-hour to a one-and-one-half hour training focused on skills that have been found to be most helpful when interacting with people in distress. These skills are useful whether the distress is caused by a large crisis that affects many people, or an event that might occur in a household or on a work team. These skills are learnable and powerful but, as is true in acquiring any new skill, require practice.


The class will be limited to 30 participants so I need to hear from each one of you that plan on attending. If we have less than the 30 count I am going to invite some Issaquah ARC members to fill the class. We also have a few firefighters attending that night. It will be held at the Duvall Fire Department class room following our normal business meeting on June 2nd.  Business meeting will start at 6:15pm with this class beginning at 7:00pm. It will be on Zoom also but I believe if you can attend in person you might get more out of the class.


Send an email to me at rowland.brasch@... to confirm your participation soon so I can get an accurate count.  If you do confirm and then something changes please let me know that also so if there is a waiting list I can invite another person.



Thanks,

Rowland
K7RWB


Event: SnoVARC Business Meeting and Elmer Session - 05/05/2022 #cal-reminder

snovarc@snovarc.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Reminder: SnoVARC Business Meeting and Elmer Session

When:
05/05/2022
6:15pm to 8:00pm
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Zoom Meeting

View Event

Description:

Join Zoom Meeting
 
Meeting ID: 931 964 1698
Passcode: 3UJNed
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,9319641698#,,,,,,0#,,070760# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,9319641698#,,,,,,0#,,070760# US (Houston)
 
Dial by your location
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
Meeting ID: 931 964 1698
Passcode: 070760


Event: SnoVARC Business Meeting and Elmer Session - 05/05/2022 #cal-reminder

snovarc@snovarc.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Reminder: SnoVARC Business Meeting and Elmer Session

When:
05/05/2022
6:15pm to 8:00pm
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Zoom Meeting

View Event

Description:

Join Zoom Meeting
 
Meeting ID: 931 964 1698
Passcode: 3UJNed
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,9319641698#,,,,,,0#,,070760# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,9319641698#,,,,,,0#,,070760# US (Houston)
 
Dial by your location
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
Meeting ID: 931 964 1698
Passcode: 070760

41 - 60 of 6931