Date   

Work party for W7ABD QTH

Tom WA7TBP
 

Hello everyone:
 
We are scheduled to do one last fall yard clean up at W7ABD's QTH. I have three signed up. I hope I can get 2 or 3 more folks to help. We will be raking up leaves, mowing (weather permitting) and taking branches back to a debris pile. The last time we did this there were 5 of us and we were finished in about three hours. Hope you can help. Please e-mail me at: tomwa7tbp@... or via return to this e-mail. We are scheduled to do this Sunday, December 12 at 10:00 AM. I will provide directions a little later.
 
Thank you in advance for your help.
 
73,
 
Tom


Event: SnoVARC Business Meeting and Elmer Session - 12/02/2021 #cal-reminder

snovarc@snovarc.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Reminder: SnoVARC Business Meeting and Elmer Session

When:
12/02/2021
6:15pm to 8:00pm
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Zoom Meeting

View Event

Description:

Join Zoom Meeting
 
Meeting ID: 931 964 1698
Passcode: 3UJNed
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,9319641698#,,,,,,0#,,070760# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,9319641698#,,,,,,0#,,070760# US (Houston)
 
Dial by your location
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
Meeting ID: 931 964 1698
Passcode: 070760


Re: Final W7ABD yard clean up

Rowland
 

I am available till 2pm.


Thanks,

Rowland



On Wed, Dec 1, 2021 at 6:24 PM Tom WA7TBP via groups.io <tomwa7tbp=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello all:
 
Jo-Anne Myers, has asked us to do one last yard clean up for the year. I realize December is a poor month to do this, buy our last scheduled event fell apart. We need to mow, (mower provided), gather leaves and move pruned branches to a compost pile.
 
Please e-mail me with your availability for a Sunday December 12th work party beginning at 10:00 AM and goes until we are finished.
 
Thank you,
 
Tom


Final W7ABD yard clean up

Tom WA7TBP
 

Hello all:
 
Jo-Anne Myers, has asked us to do one last yard clean up for the year. I realize December is a poor month to do this, buy our last scheduled event fell apart. We need to mow, (mower provided), gather leaves and move pruned branches to a compost pile.
 
Please e-mail me with your availability for a Sunday December 12th work party beginning at 10:00 AM and goes until we are finished.
 
Thank you,
 
Tom


Event: SnoVARC Business Meeting and Elmer Session - 12/02/2021 #cal-reminder

snovarc@snovarc.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Reminder: SnoVARC Business Meeting and Elmer Session

When:
12/02/2021
6:15pm to 8:00pm
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Zoom Meeting

View Event

Description:

Join Zoom Meeting
 
Meeting ID: 931 964 1698
Passcode: 3UJNed
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,9319641698#,,,,,,0#,,070760# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,9319641698#,,,,,,0#,,070760# US (Houston)
 
Dial by your location
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
Meeting ID: 931 964 1698
Passcode: 070760


2022 Elmer Sessions

Rowland
 

Hi All,

As I try to do every year is ask for your suggestions on what you would like to have for monthly Elmer Sessions.  Remembering we are still using Zoom for our meetings and that somewhat limits us but also opens a door to presenters that may be too far away to attend a regular in-person meeting.

Please think about it and send me some workable suggestions.  If you have direct contacts for possible presenters then please proceed to contact them and see if they would be willing to participate and then let me know.

Remember it doesn't always have to be about ham radio. There are lots of interesting subjects out there.

So put on your thinking caps and let me know your thoughts.


Thanks,

Rowland


Thanksgiving night net, November 25

Tom WA7TBP
 

Hello everyone, I hope all of you are going to enjoy a nice Thanksgiving with those people important to you.
 
I am canceling the Thanksgiving night formal net. However, if any of you want to get together and have an informal social net, please do so. We all have so many things going on, we don't need to add to it by having a net on a holiday night. 
 
Again, I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving.
 
73,
 
Tom


Bob Heil K9EID, of Heil Sound Presentation

Rowland
 

Bob Heil K9EID, of Heil Soundis going to give a presentation at the Microhams meeting tonight starting at 6pm for those that are interested. I was told to invite our members to listen. Here is the info on it.....

Tonight, Dr. Bob Heil K9EID, of Heil Sound and the fellow that has done more to improve the quality of audio in every amateur radio operator's shack will present a 90 minute program "From the Microphone to the Antenna”.

 

This is a program you shouldn't miss.  No matter your rig, operating interests, or what your shack consists of, there will be something you'll find valuable to learn and that will improve the quality of your on air activities.  While there will be plenty to learn just from Bob's presentation, you'll also have an opportunity to get your questions answered and get advice from the guy that pretty much defined quality amateur radio audio.

 

Please note that we will start the meeting some time before 6:00 PM to give people time to connect and get set up and the presentation will start at 6 PM (1800 hours) due to the length of the program.

 

Bob Heil is a sound engineering innovator creating and manufacturing some of the first large scale arena sound systems for leading entertainment groups. The past decade, Heil Sound has led the commercial broadcast and live entertainment industry with new innovations in microphone technology.  He has consistently worked as a teacher and lecturer, often appearing at national audio and Amateur Radio conventions.   Heil Sound is the only manufacturer in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for many of Bob’s contributions to live sound.  He has published five books on music and technology. 

 

NOTE: At 6:00 we'll start the presentation.  It's ok to invite others to this program, but please let me (Grant, the club Secretary) know about it so we can keep track.


Join Zoom Meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87418387971?pwd=cnZYS1JITDFxNTNMN0p5NUgyRGtsZz09

 

Meeting ID: 874 1838 7971

Passcode: 993691

One tap mobile

+12532158782,,87418387971#,,,,*993691# US (Tacoma)

+16699006833,,87418387971#,,,,*993691# US (San Jose)

 

Dial by your location

        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

        +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)

Meeting ID: 874 1838 7971

Passcode: 993691



Thanks,

Rowland


Thanksgiving Net

Rowland
 

Jesse nor I will be available to do net control on Thanksgiving. Shawn and Howard are the next in line.  Just an FYI for all.


Thanks,

Rowland


Thursday, November 18th mini exercise

Tom WA7TBP
 

Hello everyone. 
 
We will be conducting a 3rd Thursday mini exercise on the 18th. I have attached a description of the exercise and a work aid for your review.
 
Please feel free to design your own work aid. The one I provided is a start point. 
 
Looking forward to working with you on Thursday.
 
73,
 
Tom, WA7TBP


Re: Rookie Roundtable Net Control Signup

Kirt White / K7KDW
 

I realized during the net tonight that the closing had the wrong net name so I updated and re-uploaded it.


Thanks
Kirt


From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Kirt White / K7KDW <kirtwhite@...>
Sent: Tuesday, November 9, 2021 8:59 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Rookie Roundtable Net Control Signup
 
For those of you who signed up for net control, I've updated the net control script and uploaded in the Net Control file section. 


Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
Kirt

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Kirt White / K7KDW <kirtwhite@...>
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2021 11:08 AM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Rookie Roundtable Net Control Signup
 
Thanks Rowland, put you down for 12/30. There is a net script for the round table. I have a couple edits to make and I'll drop it in the files section here. 

Thanks
Kirt

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Rowland <rowland.brasch@...>
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2021 9:38 AM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Rookie Roundtable Net Control Signup
 
Do you use a specific net scripts for the RT?

Rowland 

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 5:03 PM Kirt White / K7KDW <kirtwhite@...> wrote:
I would like to thank those individuals that showed interested in hosting the 7pm Thursday Rookie Roundtable.

For those still interested, I've created a spreadsheet (link below) for net control signups over the next 3 months. If you'd like to take one or more of those net control slots, just fill in your details on whatever dates you would like. You can also add in if you're available to be backup for the primary net control person. I still plan on attending as a participant so I can serve as default backup if that slot isn't filled.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ndMbhGl78VpYkdnNWVsPHhFuKEfom29Vtvi-CHiDI8Q/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks
Kirt

--
Thanks,
Rowland


Re: Rookie Roundtable Net Control Signup

Kirt White / K7KDW
 

For those of you who signed up for net control, I've updated the net control script and uploaded in the Net Control file section. 


Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
Kirt


From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Kirt White / K7KDW <kirtwhite@...>
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2021 11:08 AM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Rookie Roundtable Net Control Signup
 
Thanks Rowland, put you down for 12/30. There is a net script for the round table. I have a couple edits to make and I'll drop it in the files section here. 

Thanks
Kirt

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Rowland <rowland.brasch@...>
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2021 9:38 AM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Rookie Roundtable Net Control Signup
 
Do you use a specific net scripts for the RT?

Rowland 

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 5:03 PM Kirt White / K7KDW <kirtwhite@...> wrote:
I would like to thank those individuals that showed interested in hosting the 7pm Thursday Rookie Roundtable.

For those still interested, I've created a spreadsheet (link below) for net control signups over the next 3 months. If you'd like to take one or more of those net control slots, just fill in your details on whatever dates you would like. You can also add in if you're available to be backup for the primary net control person. I still plan on attending as a participant so I can serve as default backup if that slot isn't filled.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ndMbhGl78VpYkdnNWVsPHhFuKEfom29Vtvi-CHiDI8Q/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks
Kirt

--
Thanks,
Rowland


Event: SnoVARC Business Meeting and Elmer Session - 11/04/2021 #cal-reminder

snovarc@snovarc.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Reminder: SnoVARC Business Meeting and Elmer Session

When:
11/04/2021
6:15pm to 8:00pm
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Zoom Meeting

View Event

Description:

Join Zoom Meeting
 
Meeting ID: 931 964 1698
Passcode: 3UJNed
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,9319641698#,,,,,,0#,,070760# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,9319641698#,,,,,,0#,,070760# US (Houston)
 
Dial by your location
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
Meeting ID: 931 964 1698
Passcode: 070760


Event: SnoVARC Business Meeting and Elmer Session - 11/04/2021 #cal-reminder

snovarc@snovarc.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Reminder: SnoVARC Business Meeting and Elmer Session

When:
11/04/2021
6:15pm to 8:00pm
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Zoom Meeting

View Event

Description:

Join Zoom Meeting
 
Meeting ID: 931 964 1698
Passcode: 3UJNed
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,9319641698#,,,,,,0#,,070760# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,9319641698#,,,,,,0#,,070760# US (Houston)
 
Dial by your location
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
Meeting ID: 931 964 1698
Passcode: 070760


Informal 10m Testing - This Saturday, Oct. 30.

Bob (KI7RMO)
 

FYI, the Issaquah Communication group is planning to do some 10m testing of various antennas from various locations this Saturday from 1000 hours to 1200 hours.  Anyone is invited to participate. 

 

Set up is the following:

  1. Mihai, W4MHI, will be at Nike park, not too far from the Cougar Mtn repeater, elevation about 1450’.  He will have a vertical antenna and will monitor 28.320 Mhz for SSB and 29.600 Mhz for FM. 
  2. Mihai will also monitor the Squak Mtn Fire Repeater (444.525 + 103.5) and 146.56 (AKA ICST1) for miscellaneous communications, questions, etc.
  3. My plan is to try several antennas to see which work and which don’t.  Testing will begin at my house then move to a mobile setup to test other locations/configurations with the same antennas.  Thus we will be off and on throughout the session.  Again anyone is invited to do the same or just give us a call if you hear us.

 

That’s about it – join us if you can and apologies for the short notice.

73, Bob, KI7RMO


Re: Rookie Roundtable Net Control Signup

Kirt White / K7KDW
 

Thanks Rowland, put you down for 12/30. There is a net script for the round table. I have a couple edits to make and I'll drop it in the files section here. 

Thanks
Kirt


From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Rowland <rowland.brasch@...>
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2021 9:38 AM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Rookie Roundtable Net Control Signup
 
Do you use a specific net scripts for the RT?

Rowland 

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 5:03 PM Kirt White / K7KDW <kirtwhite@...> wrote:
I would like to thank those individuals that showed interested in hosting the 7pm Thursday Rookie Roundtable.

For those still interested, I've created a spreadsheet (link below) for net control signups over the next 3 months. If you'd like to take one or more of those net control slots, just fill in your details on whatever dates you would like. You can also add in if you're available to be backup for the primary net control person. I still plan on attending as a participant so I can serve as default backup if that slot isn't filled.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ndMbhGl78VpYkdnNWVsPHhFuKEfom29Vtvi-CHiDI8Q/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks
Kirt

--
Thanks,
Rowland


Re: Rookie Roundtable Net Control Signup

Rowland
 

Do you use a specific net scripts for the RT?

Rowland 

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 5:03 PM Kirt White / K7KDW <kirtwhite@...> wrote:
I would like to thank those individuals that showed interested in hosting the 7pm Thursday Rookie Roundtable.

For those still interested, I've created a spreadsheet (link below) for net control signups over the next 3 months. If you'd like to take one or more of those net control slots, just fill in your details on whatever dates you would like. You can also add in if you're available to be backup for the primary net control person. I still plan on attending as a participant so I can serve as default backup if that slot isn't filled.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ndMbhGl78VpYkdnNWVsPHhFuKEfom29Vtvi-CHiDI8Q/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks
Kirt

--
Thanks,
Rowland


Re: Rookie Roundtable Net Control Signup

Rowland
 

Kirt
 I will take 12/30

Rowland 

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 6:28 AM Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
Kirt,
I'll take November 11, if still open.

Robin, WA7CPA

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 5:03 PM Kirt White / K7KDW <kirtwhite@...> wrote:
I would like to thank those individuals that showed interested in hosting the 7pm Thursday Rookie Roundtable.

For those still interested, I've created a spreadsheet (link below) for net control signups over the next 3 months. If you'd like to take one or more of those net control slots, just fill in your details on whatever dates you would like. You can also add in if you're available to be backup for the primary net control person. I still plan on attending as a participant so I can serve as default backup if that slot isn't filled.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ndMbhGl78VpYkdnNWVsPHhFuKEfom29Vtvi-CHiDI8Q/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks
Kirt

--
Thanks,
Rowland


Re: Rookie Roundtable Net Control Signup

Kirt White / K7KDW
 

You got it. Thanks Robin. 

On Oct 28, 2021, at 6:28 AM, Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...> wrote:


Kirt,
I'll take November 11, if still open.

Robin, WA7CPA

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 5:03 PM Kirt White / K7KDW <kirtwhite@...> wrote:
I would like to thank those individuals that showed interested in hosting the 7pm Thursday Rookie Roundtable.

For those still interested, I've created a spreadsheet (link below) for net control signups over the next 3 months. If you'd like to take one or more of those net control slots, just fill in your details on whatever dates you would like. You can also add in if you're available to be backup for the primary net control person. I still plan on attending as a participant so I can serve as default backup if that slot isn't filled.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ndMbhGl78VpYkdnNWVsPHhFuKEfom29Vtvi-CHiDI8Q/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks
Kirt


Re: Rookie Roundtable Net Control Signup

Robin WA7CPA
 

Kirt,
I'll take November 11, if still open.

Robin, WA7CPA

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 5:03 PM Kirt White / K7KDW <kirtwhite@...> wrote:
I would like to thank those individuals that showed interested in hosting the 7pm Thursday Rookie Roundtable.

For those still interested, I've created a spreadsheet (link below) for net control signups over the next 3 months. If you'd like to take one or more of those net control slots, just fill in your details on whatever dates you would like. You can also add in if you're available to be backup for the primary net control person. I still plan on attending as a participant so I can serve as default backup if that slot isn't filled.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ndMbhGl78VpYkdnNWVsPHhFuKEfom29Vtvi-CHiDI8Q/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks
Kirt

281 - 300 of 6931