Date   

Re: NanoVNA Demo Thursday 6pm?

Dan Pflugrath
 

Ryan,
I am very interested in you zoom session. Could you also make available any slides or reference material you will be using for the presentation.
Thanks for what you are doing.

73,
Dan KA7GPP

-----Original Message-----
From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io [mailto:snovarc@snovarc.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ryan - KJ7GIE
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 8:02 AM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io
Subject: [SnoVARC] NanoVNA Demo Thursday 6pm?

Would the group be interested in a short NanoVNA demo on Thursday 6pm before the Rookie Roundtable? A couple people have requested this and, with the social distancing, it will be a while before I can bring it to an in-person event... so let's Zoom it!

Based on responses and availability of others we'll make a decision in the next 48 hours but I'm ready to do it if you'll join. Let us know!

I'll be focusing on using the NanoVNA as an SWR tester for antennas. The topics will include:
· Hardware overview
o Example hardware / where to get
· Set to show SWR (easy)
o Trace
o SWR
o Scale (.25 a line)
o Stimulus
· Calibrate
· Save Calibration
· Recall Calibration
· Sweep 2m and 70cm
· Zoom to 70cm
· Show two different antenna tunes
· Sweep HF ant
· Identify where HF ant is “tuned”






____________________________________________________________
Sponsored by https://www.newser.com/?utm_source=part&utm_medium=uol&utm_campaign=rss_taglines_more

Early Consensus: ObamaCare Will Survive Court Challenge
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5faad8dccee4c58db7ae5st03duc1
Beach Apparel Entrepreneur Accused in Teen's Death
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5faad8dcf2fc058db7ae5st03duc2
No. 1 Downloaded App Is a Snub to Twitter
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5faad8dd236ef58db7ae5st03duc3


Re: NanoVNA Demo Thursday 6pm?

Rowland
 

I am  interested 

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 8:01 AM Ryan - KJ7GIE <rsm@...> wrote:
Would the group be interested in a short NanoVNA demo on Thursday 6pm before the Rookie Roundtable? A couple people have requested this and, with the social distancing, it will be a while before I can bring it to an in-person event...   so let's Zoom it!

Based on responses and availability of others we'll make a decision in the next 48 hours but I'm ready to do it if you'll join. Let us know!

I'll be focusing on using the NanoVNA as an SWR tester for antennas. The topics will include:
· Hardware overview
o Example hardware / where to get
· Set to show SWR (easy)
o Trace
o SWR
o Scale (.25 a line)
o Stimulus
· Calibrate
· Save Calibration
· Recall Calibration
· Sweep 2m and 70cm
· Zoom to 70cm
· Show two different antenna tunes
· Sweep HF ant
· Identify where HF ant is “tuned”





--
Thanks,
Rowland


Re: NanoVNA Demo Thursday 6pm?

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)
 

I would love to see all this. Count me in.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Nov 10, 2020, at 8:01 AM, Ryan - KJ7GIE <@KJ7GIE> wrote:

Would the group be interested in a short NanoVNA demo on Thursday 6pm before the Rookie Roundtable? A couple people have requested this and, with the social distancing, it will be a while before I can bring it to an in-person event... so let's Zoom it!

Based on responses and availability of others we'll make a decision in the next 48 hours but I'm ready to do it if you'll join. Let us know!

I'll be focusing on using the NanoVNA as an SWR tester for antennas. The topics will include:
· Hardware overview
o Example hardware / where to get
· Set to show SWR (easy)
o Trace
o SWR
o Scale (.25 a line)
o Stimulus
· Calibrate
· Save Calibration
· Recall Calibration
· Sweep 2m and 70cm
· Zoom to 70cm
· Show two different antenna tunes
· Sweep HF ant
· Identify where HF ant is “tuned”





Re: NanoVNA Demo Thursday 6pm?

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM
 

Ryan,

Here is the Zoom invite for your meeting. Looking forward to it!

Snoqualmie Valley Radio Club is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: NanoVNA SWR Tester Demo
Time: Nov 12, 2020 06:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 931 964 1698
Passcode: 3UJNed
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,9319641698#,,,,,,0#,,070760# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,9319641698#,,,,,,0#,,070760# US (Houston)

Dial by your location
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
Meeting ID: 931 964 1698
Passcode: 070760
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aeMuNlgHG


On Nov 10, 2020, at 8:01 AM, Ryan - KJ7GIE <rsm@...> wrote:

Would the group be interested in a short NanoVNA demo on Thursday 6pm before the Rookie Roundtable? A couple people have requested this and, with the social distancing, it will be a while before I can bring it to an in-person event...   so let's Zoom it!

Based on responses and availability of others we'll make a decision in the next 48 hours but I'm ready to do it if you'll join. Let us know!

I'll be focusing on using the NanoVNA as an SWR tester for antennas. The topics will include:
· Hardware overview
o Example hardware / where to get
· Set to show SWR (easy)
o Trace
o SWR
o Scale (.25 a line)
o Stimulus
· Calibrate
· Save Calibration
· Recall Calibration
· Sweep 2m and 70cm
· Zoom to 70cm
· Show two different antenna tunes
· Sweep HF ant
· Identify where HF ant is “tuned”







***********************************
Howard Mahran
(425) 864-5104
***********************************





--
*************************
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM
(425) 864 - 5104
*************************


Re: NanoVNA Demo Thursday 6pm?

Paul Zoba
 

I would be interested, Ryan. You'll have to figure out how to get the camera on that small device!

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 8:01 AM Ryan - KJ7GIE <rsm@...> wrote:
Would the group be interested in a short NanoVNA demo on Thursday 6pm before the Rookie Roundtable? A couple people have requested this and, with the social distancing, it will be a while before I can bring it to an in-person event...   so let's Zoom it!

Based on responses and availability of others we'll make a decision in the next 48 hours but I'm ready to do it if you'll join. Let us know!

I'll be focusing on using the NanoVNA as an SWR tester for antennas. The topics will include:
· Hardware overview
o Example hardware / where to get
· Set to show SWR (easy)
o Trace
o SWR
o Scale (.25 a line)
o Stimulus
· Calibrate
· Save Calibration
· Recall Calibration
· Sweep 2m and 70cm
· Zoom to 70cm
· Show two different antenna tunes
· Sweep HF ant
· Identify where HF ant is “tuned”






Re: NanoVNA Demo Thursday 6pm?

Ralph Lease
 

Let's zoom it! 

Ralph
KC7QXD 

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020, 8:01 AM Ryan - KJ7GIE <rsm@...> wrote:
Would the group be interested in a short NanoVNA demo on Thursday 6pm before the Rookie Roundtable? A couple people have requested this and, with the social distancing, it will be a while before I can bring it to an in-person event...   so let's Zoom it!

Based on responses and availability of others we'll make a decision in the next 48 hours but I'm ready to do it if you'll join. Let us know!

I'll be focusing on using the NanoVNA as an SWR tester for antennas. The topics will include:
· Hardware overview
o Example hardware / where to get
· Set to show SWR (easy)
o Trace
o SWR
o Scale (.25 a line)
o Stimulus
· Calibrate
· Save Calibration
· Recall Calibration
· Sweep 2m and 70cm
· Zoom to 70cm
· Show two different antenna tunes
· Sweep HF ant
· Identify where HF ant is “tuned”






NanoVNA Demo Thursday 6pm?

Ryan - KJ7GIE
 

Would the group be interested in a short NanoVNA demo on Thursday 6pm before the Rookie Roundtable? A couple people have requested this and, with the social distancing, it will be a while before I can bring it to an in-person event... so let's Zoom it!

Based on responses and availability of others we'll make a decision in the next 48 hours but I'm ready to do it if you'll join. Let us know!

I'll be focusing on using the NanoVNA as an SWR tester for antennas. The topics will include:
· Hardware overview
o Example hardware / where to get
· Set to show SWR (easy)
o Trace
o SWR
o Scale (.25 a line)
o Stimulus
· Calibrate
· Save Calibration
· Recall Calibration
· Sweep 2m and 70cm
· Zoom to 70cm
· Show two different antenna tunes
· Sweep HF ant
· Identify where HF ant is “tuned”


Fw: LWHC Technician Class -- Oct 27-Dec 8th (2 nights per week)

Irvina Mizell
 

Just a reminder that LWHC has offered to have folks teach parts of their online classes.  I'm sure they would appreciate if anyone wants to help test too.

Irvina



From: Irvina Mizell <irvina.mizell@...>
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2020 9:31 AM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: Fw: LWHC Technician Class -- Oct 27-Dec 8th (2 nights per week)
 
FYI

Irvina


From: Dave Wickert <dwickert@...>
Sent: Saturday, October 24, 2020 2:46 PM
To: Irvina Mizell <Irvina.Mizell@...>; Rowland Brasch <rowland.brasch@...>; Lanea Miller <hawaii.heaven@...>; Backstrom, Larry <admin@...>
Cc: Ronald Poole KF7YHQ <snwbird1111@...>; jcwickert@... <jcwickert@...>; johndsullivan@... <johndsullivan@...>
Subject: LWHC Technician Class -- Oct 27-Dec 8th (2 nights per week)
 

Hi All.

If you know of anyone interested in getting their Technician license, the Lake Washington Ham Club will be putting on a technician class on Zoom for the coming couple of weeks. Exams (for all license classes) are also available online via Zoom.  If you can please help spread that word we would appreciate it. Dates and registration steps are in the info below.

 

Info at: http://www.lakewashingtonhamclub.org/classes-2/

 

We are also looking for instructors, so if you know of anyone interested in teaching a unit or two pass them along too. We have slides and videos already done for them.

 

Thanks.

 

73.

 

_-_-_ Dave AE7TD

dwickert@...

Lead Instructor

 

 


Re: tonight's meeting

Irvina Mizell
 


I guess it's the same as last month.

Irvina



From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Irvina Mizell <irvina.mizell@...>
Sent: Thursday, November 5, 2020 6:15 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: [SnoVARC] tonight's meeting
 
hi all,

I can't seem to find the link to tonight's meeting.

Help?

Irvina


Re: tonight's meeting

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)
 

https://zoom.us/j/9319641698?pwd=czVPNHdjenY1MXRTVGtXaVp2VHcwQT09

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Nov 5, 2020, at 6:15 PM, Irvina Mizell <irvina.mizell@...> wrote:

hi all,

I can't seem to find the link to tonight's meeting.

Help?

Irvina


tonight's meeting

Irvina Mizell
 

hi all,

I can't seem to find the link to tonight's meeting.

Help?

Irvina


Re: SnoVARC gathering for W7ABD (sk), our friend Jim

Robin Amundson
 

We had 10 in attendance at Big Rock to remember Jim. All had an opportunity to share about their experiences, impressions, and feelings about Jim. Firm consensus on his fine and honorable qualities, universally noted and appreciated. RIP Jim WA7ABD(sk).


Re: SnoVARC gathering for W7ABD (sk), our friend Jim

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM
 

Thank you Robin for organizing the gathering. It was nice to see everyone and to remember and honor Jim


Giliberto (KD7HCW) via groups.io <louis.giliberto@...> wrote:

Sorry for the late reply, but I will be there.


Sent from ProtonMail mobile



-------- Original Message --------
On Oct 31, 2020, 11:59 AM, Ken Kosters < kenkosters@...> wrote:

I will try to make it also.

Ken W7ECK

On Sat, Oct 31, 2020 at 12:05 AM Kirt White / K7KDW <kirtwhite@...> wrote:
I'm going to try to make it. 

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Irvina Mizell <irvina.mizell@...>
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020 4:12 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] SnoVARC gathering for W7ABD (sk), our friend Jim
 
I'll be there.

Irvina



From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...>
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020 12:45 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] SnoVARC gathering for W7ABD (sk), our friend Jim
 
Please respond here or email me if you plan to be at Big Rock Ball Fields in Duvall at 1 p.m. Sunday with masks and your own food/drink to be together at a safe distance outdoors for a little while in honor of Jim, WA7ABD. If there are only a few takers this gathering will be postponed. Time for a headcount. Thank you.

73,
Robin, WA7CPA
wa7cpa@...


--
*************************
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM
(425) 864 - 5104
*************************


Re: SnoVARC gathering for W7ABD (sk), our friend Jim

Lou Giliberto (KD7HCW)
 

Sorry for the late reply, but I will be there.


Sent from ProtonMail mobile



-------- Original Message --------
On Oct 31, 2020, 11:59 AM, Ken Kosters < kenkosters@...> wrote:

I will try to make it also.

Ken W7ECK

On Sat, Oct 31, 2020 at 12:05 AM Kirt White / K7KDW <kirtwhite@...> wrote:
I'm going to try to make it. 

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Irvina Mizell <irvina.mizell@...>
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020 4:12 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] SnoVARC gathering for W7ABD (sk), our friend Jim
 
I'll be there.

Irvina



From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...>
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020 12:45 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] SnoVARC gathering for W7ABD (sk), our friend Jim
 
Please respond here or email me if you plan to be at Big Rock Ball Fields in Duvall at 1 p.m. Sunday with masks and your own food/drink to be together at a safe distance outdoors for a little while in honor of Jim, WA7ABD. If there are only a few takers this gathering will be postponed. Time for a headcount. Thank you.

73,
Robin, WA7CPA
wa7cpa@...


Re: SnoVARC gathering for W7ABD (sk), our friend Jim

Ken Kosters
 

I will try to make it also.

Ken W7ECK


On Sat, Oct 31, 2020 at 12:05 AM Kirt White / K7KDW <kirtwhite@...> wrote:
I'm going to try to make it. 

From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Irvina Mizell <irvina.mizell@...>
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020 4:12 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] SnoVARC gathering for W7ABD (sk), our friend Jim
 
I'll be there.

Irvina



From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...>
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020 12:45 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] SnoVARC gathering for W7ABD (sk), our friend Jim
 
Please respond here or email me if you plan to be at Big Rock Ball Fields in Duvall at 1 p.m. Sunday with masks and your own food/drink to be together at a safe distance outdoors for a little while in honor of Jim, WA7ABD. If there are only a few takers this gathering will be postponed. Time for a headcount. Thank you.

73,
Robin, WA7CPA
wa7cpa@...


Re: Shack organization ideas/Show off your shack

Kirt White / K7KDW
 

Wow. Thanks everyone for showing your setups and thank you Ryan for the links. I'll continue to check them out but I've gotten some good ideas from what I've seen so far. 

Howard, I think you have may have a problem 😉


From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...>
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020 4:18 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] Shack organization ideas/Show off your shack
 
I have 5 monitors - 2 27”  dedicated for email and other  web based and information related items (scripts, band plans, dxengenerring shopping cart :-) , etc) and 2 27" dedicated for various operational stuff (Rig Control, WSJT-X, Waterfalls, SDR, JTAlert, Logbook) and the third is a 50” that I use for maps (such as GridTracker, weather maps, clocks, etc) - Yes Im a monitor-oholic 

On Oct 30, 2020, at 3:41 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:

Let’s start the negotiations at 97, and you can try to talk me down from there.


More seriously, I was thinking three, or maybe four.  But I am also thinking that one might display something along the lines of a geochron clock.  And maybe one for pskreporter, etc.


-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Oct 30, 2020, at 3:26 PM, Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:

How many monitors you need?

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 8:47 AM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:
Very FB.  I especially like the idea of having clocks set to UTC, PDT, and PST.  But the second hands on the clocks are not synchronized, which would drive me crazy.  I have a WWV clock from MFJ with two big time displays, I have one set to display UTC and PST or PDT as appropriate.

One observation on the utility of multiple displays for a shack computer - I have a loose pile of papers with things like band plans, grid maps, net control scripts, and so on.  If I had multiple monitors I could obviously just have those on the computer, open in a image viewer with tabs, and just consult them on another monitor while I am working on the main monitor.


-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Oct 30, 2020, at 8:31 AM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

Kirt,
Here is a picture of my she-shack standing U desk just after custom build by DH. It is placed away from wall/window on 2 sides for easy access to wires in back of equipment. Coax and control wires come in through wall on right behind rack from adjacent crawl space, brought into house through rodent screen at base of house, then through hole drilled between space and shack room. I purchased 2 adjustable height stools from Costco I use when I need to sit. One for guest, pre-Covid. For SSB contests I'm all standing to use foot pedal. The second picture is February 2019 after I initially placed equipment and it wasn't yet looking like a typical messy shack, lol. Currently my 8900 or Anytone sits on left side where the tool box in the picture is. I have added quite a lot of stuff on rack, and a second computer screen left corner of desk, which is currently used as a bulletin board. Graciella sits to right of computer now. She is my beautiful shack jewel made by Begali. I have a Microham right of computer. So there is a bit more equipment but it all still works. I will send current picture when I am able.

73,
Robin <she shack standing desk.JPG><she shack February 2019.JPG>



-- 
Thanks,
Rowland



***********************************
Howard Mahran
(425) 864-5104
***********************************





--
*************************
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM
(425) 864 - 5104
*************************


Re: SnoVARC gathering for W7ABD (sk), our friend Jim

Kirt White / K7KDW
 

I'm going to try to make it. 


From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Irvina Mizell <irvina.mizell@...>
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020 4:12 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] SnoVARC gathering for W7ABD (sk), our friend Jim
 
I'll be there.

Irvina



From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...>
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020 12:45 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] SnoVARC gathering for W7ABD (sk), our friend Jim
 
Please respond here or email me if you plan to be at Big Rock Ball Fields in Duvall at 1 p.m. Sunday with masks and your own food/drink to be together at a safe distance outdoors for a little while in honor of Jim, WA7ABD. If there are only a few takers this gathering will be postponed. Time for a headcount. Thank you.

73,
Robin, WA7CPA
wa7cpa@...


Re: Shack organization ideas/Show off your shack

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM
 

I have 5 monitors - 2 27”  dedicated for email and other  web based and information related items (scripts, band plans, dxengenerring shopping cart :-) , etc) and 2 27" dedicated for various operational stuff (Rig Control, WSJT-X, Waterfalls, SDR, JTAlert, Logbook) and the third is a 50” that I use for maps (such as GridTracker, weather maps, clocks, etc) - Yes Im a monitor-oholic 

On Oct 30, 2020, at 3:41 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:

Let’s start the negotiations at 97, and you can try to talk me down from there.


More seriously, I was thinking three, or maybe four.  But I am also thinking that one might display something along the lines of a geochron clock.  And maybe one for pskreporter, etc.


-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Oct 30, 2020, at 3:26 PM, Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:

How many monitors you need?

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 8:47 AM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:
Very FB.  I especially like the idea of having clocks set to UTC, PDT, and PST.  But the second hands on the clocks are not synchronized, which would drive me crazy.  I have a WWV clock from MFJ with two big time displays, I have one set to display UTC and PST or PDT as appropriate.

One observation on the utility of multiple displays for a shack computer - I have a loose pile of papers with things like band plans, grid maps, net control scripts, and so on.  If I had multiple monitors I could obviously just have those on the computer, open in a image viewer with tabs, and just consult them on another monitor while I am working on the main monitor.


-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Oct 30, 2020, at 8:31 AM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

Kirt,
Here is a picture of my she-shack standing U desk just after custom build by DH. It is placed away from wall/window on 2 sides for easy access to wires in back of equipment. Coax and control wires come in through wall on right behind rack from adjacent crawl space, brought into house through rodent screen at base of house, then through hole drilled between space and shack room. I purchased 2 adjustable height stools from Costco I use when I need to sit. One for guest, pre-Covid. For SSB contests I'm all standing to use foot pedal. The second picture is February 2019 after I initially placed equipment and it wasn't yet looking like a typical messy shack, lol. Currently my 8900 or Anytone sits on left side where the tool box in the picture is. I have added quite a lot of stuff on rack, and a second computer screen left corner of desk, which is currently used as a bulletin board. Graciella sits to right of computer now. She is my beautiful shack jewel made by Begali. I have a Microham right of computer. So there is a bit more equipment but it all still works. I will send current picture when I am able.

73,
Robin <she shack standing desk.JPG><she shack February 2019.JPG>



-- 
Thanks,
Rowland



***********************************
Howard Mahran
(425) 864-5104
***********************************





--
*************************
Howard E. Mahran
WA1HEM
(425) 864 - 5104
*************************


Re: SnoVARC gathering for W7ABD (sk), our friend Jim

Irvina Mizell
 

I'll be there.

Irvina



From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...>
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020 12:45 PM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] SnoVARC gathering for W7ABD (sk), our friend Jim
 
Please respond here or email me if you plan to be at Big Rock Ball Fields in Duvall at 1 p.m. Sunday with masks and your own food/drink to be together at a safe distance outdoors for a little while in honor of Jim, WA7ABD. If there are only a few takers this gathering will be postponed. Time for a headcount. Thank you.

73,
Robin, WA7CPA
wa7cpa@...


Re: Shack organization ideas/Show off your shack

Shawn / K7ATA
 

I have space LCD's getting dusty....

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 10/30/2020 3:41 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) wrote:
Let’s start the negotiations at 97, and you can try to talk me down from there.


More seriously, I was thinking three, or maybe four.  But I am also thinking that one might display something along the lines of a geochron clock.  And maybe one for pskreporter, etc.


-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Oct 30, 2020, at 3:26 PM, Rowland <@Rowland <mailto:@Rowland>> wrote:

How many monitors you need?

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 8:47 AM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@... <mailto:w7pfb@...>> wrote:

Very FB.  I especially like the idea of having clocks set to UTC,
PDT, and PST.  But the second hands on the clocks are not
synchronized, which would drive me crazy.  I have a WWV clock
from MFJ with two big time displays, I have one set to display
UTC and PST or PDT as appropriate.

One observation on the utility of multiple displays for a shack
computer - I have a loose pile of papers with things like band
plans, grid maps, net control scripts, and so on.  If I had
multiple monitors I could obviously just have those on the
computer, open in a image viewer with tabs, and just consult them
on another monitor while I am working on the main monitor.


-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Oct 30, 2020, at 8:31 AM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...
<mailto:wa7cpa@...>> wrote:

Kirt,
Here is a picture of my she-shack standing U desk just after
custom build by DH. It is placed away from wall/window on 2
sides for easy access to wires in back of equipment. Coax and
control wires come in through wall on right behind rack from
adjacent crawl space, brought into house through rodent screen
at base of house, then through hole drilled between space and
shack room. I purchased 2 adjustable height stools from Costco I
use when I need to sit. One for guest, pre-Covid. For SSB
contests I'm all standing to use foot pedal. The second picture
is February 2019 after I initially placed equipment and it
wasn't yet looking like a typical messy shack, lol. Currently my
8900 or Anytone sits on left side where the tool box in the
picture is. I have added quite a lot of stuff on rack, and a
second computer screen left corner of desk, which is currently
used as a bulletin board. Graciella sits to right of computer
now. She is my beautiful shack jewel made by Begali. I have a
Microham right of computer. So there is a bit more equipment but
it all still works. I will send current picture when I am able.

73,
Robin <she shack standing desk.JPG><she shack February 2019.JPG>


--
Thanks,
Rowland