2022 Tunnel Marathon series

Rowland

Please check this out and help if you can.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Matt N7ROO <n7roo@...>
Date: Mon, May 16, 2022 at 9:22 PM
Subject: 2022 Tunnel Marathon series
To: Matt N7ROO <n7roo@...>, Aiden Doherty <aidend@...>

BCC: North Bend ARES, Issaquah ARES, Redmond ARES, SnoVARC, Kittitas ARES

Hello amateur radio and emcomm folks,

The North Bend ARES Team was recently contacted by the organizers of the Tunnel Marathon to request volunteer communication support for their races occurring:
  • Sunday June 12th
  • Sunday August 14th
  • Sunday September 18th
For those that have not participated before, all three marathons follow the same course along the John Wayne Pioneer trail from Hyak to North Bend. Communicators are typically located at aid stations along the route, or the finish line. Should we have excess volunteers, we may have some on bicycles.

For those of us who have been stuck inside for too long, this volunteer effort will allow us to not only test our communication skills, but also be of service to the community while out in nature. Communicators are expected to provide coverage from race start (0600 or 0700) until the last runner has passed their position.

Please feel free to distribute this email among your members as needed. If members are interested in volunteering for 1, 2 or all 3 races please have them register their interest using this form. Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me.

Additional details will be sent out prior to the start of each race to individuals that have signed up.

73

Cheers,
Matt Swift - N7ROO
Operations Manager  |  North Bend ARES Team