Field Day Safety and other questions

Robin WA7CPA

1. Does anyone have ground rod we can pound into the dirt and the appropriate type wire? Can someone be responsible for grounding the equipment at our FD site?

2. Need a battery/power supply for my new IC-7300--unless the group considers it okay to use my Powerwerx power supply that will require commercial power. Who has a battery to lend to the FD effort? It needs DC 13.8V/25A (Capacity at least 21 amps).  I am just trying to set up this rig on my shack desk and figure out how to run it. I have not had time to order a field battery. My 2 Bioennos were acquired for my 15 watt rig and are insufficient for the 7300.

3. Who can bring up a laptop with N1MM software installed for logging at the IC-7300 GOTA station?

I will also be needing commercial power for my laptop for the KX3. Its internal battery does not work, even with a brand new one. So, I think our category is firmly A-Commercial. We were A-Commercial last year, I believe. It has all my logging and FT-8 software installed, so a swap is definitely not feasible.

To reiterate, I plan for the IC-7300 to be a SSB station running up to 100 watts for our GOTA station, unless someone wants to supply an amplifier to bump us up to the max allowed 150 watts AND configure the rig with it.

I am happy with Dan's offer of an antenna. I welcome others, as well.

(Yesterday at Beaver Lake Park, my KX3 using 10 watts on my 20-meter vertical elevated to a height of 34 feet at top heard THE WORLD in FT-8 sub-mode. Bringing my laptop using commercial power I believe I can run FT-8 using the same setup for all to enjoy. I will be logging that station directly into N1MM.)

3. For anyone wanting to run CW, you can use my KX3 in CW mode. It has a built-in keyer. Or bring your own paddle. ( I have a solar battery to run the KX3 plus a spare for night-time).

(IC-7300 owners: I am confused by the key jack in the back of the rig. It is so BIG, too big for the connection from my paddle. Can you please give me some advice?)

4. I need to know who is spending the night and interested in keeping the radios running?

7300 owners and other experienced licensed ops general and extras: please be prepared to be station control for the GOTA station.

Tnx and 73,

2. Need a battery/power supply for my new IC-7300--unless the group considers it okay to use my Powerwerx power supply that will require commercial power. Who has a battery to lend to the FD effort? It needs DC 13.8V/25A (Capacity at least 21 amps). I am just trying to set up this rig on my shack desk and figure out how to run it. I have not had time to order a field battery. My 2 Bioennos were acquired for my 15 watt rig and are insufficient for the 7300.
I have a Group U1 lead acid battery (capacity 35AH) in a battery box I can loan to the effort. I’ll make sure it’s charged up. Voltmeter built in and powerpole connections.

3. Who can bring up a laptop with N1MM software installed for logging at the IC-7300 GOTA station?

I will also be needing commercial power for my laptop for the KX3. Its internal battery does not work, even with a brand new one. So, I think our category is firmly A-Commercial. We were A-Commercial last year, I believe. It has all my logging and FT-8 software installed, so a swap is definitely not feasible.
You could run the laptop off a battery and inverter. Doesn’t your cool Bienno battery thing have 120VAC output?

Robin WA7CPA

Thanks for the loan of the battery, Paul. The end of the 7300 power cable has separate red wire and a black wire attached to the back of my desktop power supply. No power poles as supplied out of the box. My power supply does have powerpole socket which I use with my KX3 power connection. Workbench solution someone?

Also, my laptop just does not run off any battery, only the wall wart. My bad when I bought it reburbished for $300 from Newegg. I was naive and inattentive and should have sent it back. Too late now. Getting one that will work on a battery is on my list.

Tnx and 73,
Robin

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 4:36 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:

> 2. Need a battery/power supply for my new IC-7300--unless the group considers it okay to use my Powerwerx power supply that will require commercial power. Who has a battery to lend to the FD effort? It needs DC 13.8V/25A (Capacity at least 21 amps).  I am just trying to set up this rig on my shack desk and figure out how to run it. I have not had time to order a field battery. My 2 Bioennos were acquired for my 15 watt rig and are insufficient for the 7300.

I have a Group U1 lead acid battery (capacity 35AH) in a battery box I can loan to the effort.  I’ll make sure it’s charged up.  Voltmeter built in and powerpole connections.

> 3. Who can bring up a laptop with N1MM software installed for logging at the IC-7300 GOTA station?
>
> I will also be needing commercial power for my laptop for the KX3. Its internal battery does not work, even with a brand new one. So, I think our category is firmly A-Commercial. We were A-Commercial last year, I believe. It has all my logging and FT-8 software installed, so a swap is definitely not feasible.

You could run the laptop off a battery and inverter.  Doesn’t your cool Bienno battery thing have 120VAC output?

Shawn / K7ATA

On 6/17/2018 4:06 PM, Robin Amundson wrote:
1. Does anyone have ground rod we can pound into the dirt and the appropriate type wire? Can someone be responsible for grounding the equipment at our FD site?
I'll be bringing some grounding hardware, and I'm sure other folks will bring some as well

2. Need a battery/power supply for my new IC-7300--unless the group considers it okay to use my Powerwerx power supply that will require commercial power. Who has a battery to lend to the FD effort? It needs DC 13.8V/25A (Capacity at least 21 amps).  I am just trying to set up this rig on my shack desk and figure out how to run it. I have not had time to order a field battery. My 2 Bioennos were acquired for my 15 watt rig and are insufficient for the 7300.

3. Who can bring up a laptop with N1MM software installed for logging at the IC-7300 GOTA station?
I'll be bringing laptops and networking gear for logging.

--Shawn
--K7ATA

W7ABD

On 06/17/18 16:06, Robin Amundson wrote:
1. Does anyone have ground rod we can pound into the dirt and the appropriate type wire? Can someone be responsible for grounding the equipment at our FD site?

1) The equipment at the field day site in the work shed will all be grounded to central point.  An underground metal water pipe.  At least that is what we have done in the past...

2. Need a battery/power supply for my new IC-7300--unless the group considers it okay to use my Powerwerx power supply that will require commercial power. Who has a battery to lend to the FD effort? It needs DC 13.8V/25A (Capacity at least 21 amps).  I am just trying to set up this rig on my shack desk and figure out how to run it. I have not had time to order a field battery. My 2 Bioennos were acquired for my 15 watt rig and are insufficient for the 7300.

2) I built a Buck Step Up Converter that takes 12 volts DC from my battery and increases it to the 19 volts DC that my laptop requires.  I would stay away from inverters they are very RF noisy.

3. Who can bring up a laptop with N1MM software installed for logging at the IC-7300 GOTA station?

I will also be needing commercial power for my laptop for the KX3. Its internal battery does not work, even with a brand new one. So, I think our category is firmly A-Commercial. We were A-Commercial last year, I believe. It has all my logging and FT-8 software installed, so a swap is definitely not feasible.

To reiterate, I plan for the IC-7300 to be a SSB station running up to 100 watts for our GOTA station, unless someone wants to supply an amplifier to bump us up to the max allowed 150 watts AND configure the rig with it.

3) The plan was for the club to run all barefoot.  No Amplifiers.  That way we are less likely to interfere with the other stations (including mine) at the site.

I am happy with Dan's offer of an antenna. I welcome others, as well.

(Yesterday at Beaver Lake Park, my KX3 using 10 watts on my 20-meter vertical elevated to a height of 34 feet at top heard THE WORLD in FT-8 sub-mode. Bringing my laptop using commercial power I believe I can run FT-8 using the same setup for all to enjoy. I will be logging that station directly into N1MM.)

3. For anyone wanting to run CW, you can use my KX3 in CW mode. It has a built-in keyer. Or bring your own paddle. ( I have a solar battery to run the KX3 plus a spare for night-time).

(IC-7300 owners: I am confused by the key jack in the back of the rig. It is so BIG, too big for the connection from my paddle. Can you please give me some advice?)

3) Traditionally all keys used the 1/4" phone jack.  Just like all stereo's headphones. Hence the jack on the 7300.  Nowadays, it's more common to use a 2.5mm jack.  But tradition is a hard thing to break...  You can use a 1/4" to 2.5mm reducer on the 7300 to bring it up to a more modern configuration.

4. I need to know who is spending the night and interested in keeping the radios running?

7300 owners and other experienced licensed ops general and extras: please be prepared to be station control for the GOTA station.

Tnx and 73,

I’d be happy to crimp Anderson Powerpoles onto the end of your 7300 power cable for you.  It only takes a few minutes.  I’ll do better than that, actually, and teach you to do it.

I’ve got approximately 5 trillion connectors on hand, because I standardized on powerpoles for all my gear and so I often need to put connectors on various random power cords.  Ok, maybe 5 trillion is a slight exaggeration.  Maybe it’s just a few dozen.

Have you tried plugging the wall wart into the 120VAC socket on the Bioenno power pack?  The specs say it’s good up to 100 watts, which is likely more than your laptop needs.

On Jun 17, 2018, at 5:04 PM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

Thanks for the loan of the battery, Paul. The end of the 7300 power cable has separate red wire and a black wire attached to the back of my desktop power supply. No power poles as supplied out of the box. My power supply does have powerpole socket which I use with my KX3 power connection. Workbench solution someone?

Also, my laptop just does not run off any battery, only the wall wart. My bad when I bought it reburbished for $300 from Newegg. I was naive and inattentive and should have sent it back. Too late now. Getting one that will work on a battery is on my list.

Tnx and 73,
Robin

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 4:36 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:

> 2. Need a battery/power supply for my new IC-7300--unless the group considers it okay to use my Powerwerx power supply that will require commercial power. Who has a battery to lend to the FD effort? It needs DC 13.8V/25A (Capacity at least 21 amps).  I am just trying to set up this rig on my shack desk and figure out how to run it. I have not had time to order a field battery. My 2 Bioennos were acquired for my 15 watt rig and are insufficient for the 7300.

I have a Group U1 lead acid battery (capacity 35AH) in a battery box I can loan to the effort.  I’ll make sure it’s charged up.  Voltmeter built in and powerpole connections.

> 3. Who can bring up a laptop with N1MM software installed for logging at the IC-7300 GOTA station?
>
> I will also be needing commercial power for my laptop for the KX3. Its internal battery does not work, even with a brand new one. So, I think our category is firmly A-Commercial. We were A-Commercial last year, I believe. It has all my logging and FT-8 software installed, so a swap is definitely not feasible.

You could run the laptop off a battery and inverter.  Doesn’t your cool Bienno battery thing have 120VAC output?

Robin WA7CPA

You could run the laptop off a battery and inverter.  Doesn’t your cool Bienno battery thing have 120VAC output?

-p W7PFB
Paul,
Thanks for hanging with me to talk me through this plan. Are you asking if I plug in the computer wall wart to the solar rechargeable Bioenno in addition to the Bioenno simultaneously delivering power to my rig--will that work?  The BPP-120 USB port delivers a 110V/100W output. The output from the port going to the rig delivers 12V/5A. I have one solar blanket. I wonder two things: 1) will the battery power both things at once (I have never tried). 2) will one solar blanket be enough to deliver a continuous recharge of the battery? I can add solar blankets in a chain but I do not have a second one. Perhaps I should call Bioenno and see if they can ship a second to me for delivery by Friday?

What say you about the possibility of running both? Additional info: because I am also hoping to run FT-8, my Signalink will be in series between the computer and the radio.

Thank you All for your help figuring this out.

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 8:17 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:
I’d be happy to crimp Anderson Powerpoles onto the end of your 7300 power cable for you.  It only takes a few minutes.  I’ll do better than that, actually, and teach you to do it.

I’ve got approximately 5 trillion connectors on hand, because I standardized on powerpoles for all my gear and so I often need to put connectors on various random power cords.  Ok, maybe 5 trillion is a slight exaggeration.  Maybe it’s just a few dozen.

Have you tried plugging the wall wart into the 120VAC socket on the Bioenno power pack?  The specs say it’s good up to 100 watts, which is likely more than your laptop needs.

On Jun 17, 2018, at 5:04 PM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

Thanks for the loan of the battery, Paul. The end of the 7300 power cable has separate red wire and a black wire attached to the back of my desktop power supply. No power poles as supplied out of the box. My power supply does have powerpole socket which I use with my KX3 power connection. Workbench solution someone?

Also, my laptop just does not run off any battery, only the wall wart. My bad when I bought it reburbished for $300 from Newegg. I was naive and inattentive and should have sent it back. Too late now. Getting one that will work on a battery is on my list.

Tnx and 73,
Robin

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 4:36 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:

> 2. Need a battery/power supply for my new IC-7300--unless the group considers it okay to use my Powerwerx power supply that will require commercial power. Who has a battery to lend to the FD effort? It needs DC 13.8V/25A (Capacity at least 21 amps).  I am just trying to set up this rig on my shack desk and figure out how to run it. I have not had time to order a field battery. My 2 Bioennos were acquired for my 15 watt rig and are insufficient for the 7300.

I have a Group U1 lead acid battery (capacity 35AH) in a battery box I can loan to the effort.  I’ll make sure it’s charged up.  Voltmeter built in and powerpole connections.

> 3. Who can bring up a laptop with N1MM software installed for logging at the IC-7300 GOTA station?
>
> I will also be needing commercial power for my laptop for the KX3. Its internal battery does not work, even with a brand new one. So, I think our category is firmly A-Commercial. We were A-Commercial last year, I believe. It has all my logging and FT-8 software installed, so a swap is definitely not feasible.

You could run the laptop off a battery and inverter.  Doesn’t your cool Bienno battery thing have 120VAC output?

Robin WA7CPA

Paul,

I would love your help learning how to install powerpoles with my own hands and tools. I did not grow up or spend adult decades doing this kind of stuff so I have a ton of hands-on learning ahead of me.

I am planning to bring a card table and actual chairs to our Tuesday evening gathering at the ball fields. I will bring the 7300 and the KX3. I hope to successfully test FT-8. It will be a lot of gear, won't look very portable.

Tnx and 73,
Robin

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 8:17 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:
I’d be happy to crimp Anderson Powerpoles onto the end of your 7300 power cable for you.  It only takes a few minutes.  I’ll do better than that, actually, and teach you to do it.

I’ve got approximately 5 trillion connectors on hand, because I standardized on powerpoles for all my gear and so I often need to put connectors on various random power cords.  Ok, maybe 5 trillion is a slight exaggeration.  Maybe it’s just a few dozen.

Have you tried plugging the wall wart into the 120VAC socket on the Bioenno power pack?  The specs say it’s good up to 100 watts, which is likely more than your laptop needs.

On Jun 17, 2018, at 5:04 PM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

Thanks for the loan of the battery, Paul. The end of the 7300 power cable has separate red wire and a black wire attached to the back of my desktop power supply. No power poles as supplied out of the box. My power supply does have powerpole socket which I use with my KX3 power connection. Workbench solution someone?

Also, my laptop just does not run off any battery, only the wall wart. My bad when I bought it reburbished for $300 from Newegg. I was naive and inattentive and should have sent it back. Too late now. Getting one that will work on a battery is on my list.

Tnx and 73,
Robin

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 4:36 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:

> 2. Need a battery/power supply for my new IC-7300--unless the group considers it okay to use my Powerwerx power supply that will require commercial power. Who has a battery to lend to the FD effort? It needs DC 13.8V/25A (Capacity at least 21 amps).  I am just trying to set up this rig on my shack desk and figure out how to run it. I have not had time to order a field battery. My 2 Bioennos were acquired for my 15 watt rig and are insufficient for the 7300.

I have a Group U1 lead acid battery (capacity 35AH) in a battery box I can loan to the effort.  I’ll make sure it’s charged up.  Voltmeter built in and powerpole connections.

> 3. Who can bring up a laptop with N1MM software installed for logging at the IC-7300 GOTA station?
>
> I will also be needing commercial power for my laptop for the KX3. Its internal battery does not work, even with a brand new one. So, I think our category is firmly A-Commercial. We were A-Commercial last year, I believe. It has all my logging and FT-8 software installed, so a swap is definitely not feasible.

You could run the laptop off a battery and inverter.  Doesn’t your cool Bienno battery thing have 120VAC output?

Robin WA7CPA

Jim and All,

Oh yeah! We are running barefoot! Much simpler!

Very good to know you all have the grounding covered. I was completely unaware last year about it. What a learning experience it is bringing my own equipment for the first time and realizing how much there is to plan and think about.

Tnx for the 411 on the key jack. I won't have to worry about adding the reducer for FD because the 7300 will be dedicated SSB. But after FD it will become my main shack rig.

The Bioenno with its built-in inverter is very RF quiet, designed with us in mind.

What else, what else? I am bringing card table and 2 chairs for my station up Friday evening.

Tnx and 73,

Robin

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 5:44 PM, W7ABD <w7abd1@...> wrote:

[...]

Robin, WA7CPA

Robin WA7CPA

Shawn,

Very FB on the grounding hardware and the laptops and networking. And, the pulled pork.

Tnx and 73,
Robin

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 5:33 PM, Shawn / K7ATA <shawn@...> wrote:

[...]

What are the output specs on your solar blanket?

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 6/18/2018 8:35 AM, Robin Amundson wrote:
I can add solar blankets in a chain but I do not have a second one. Perhaps I should call Bioenno and see if they can ship a second to me for delivery by Friday?

Robin WA7CPA

Shawn and All,
I got on the phone this morning with Bioenno, told them what I need to accomplish, and got power for my computer solved. I ordered a second solar panel to chain with my first one. This gives me 56 watts total.
https://www.bioennopower.com/products/28-watt-foldable-solar-panel

I ordered another power pack big enough to power the laptop in the field.

I also ordered a cable connector to bridge between the USB connector on the solar panel and the PP connector on the M300 battery I just ordered.

Yes, I threw money at it. This does 2 things for me: 1. takes my stress level down this close to FD. 2. Solves for me my power problem on the computer for when TSHTF someday.

My iPhone battery is draining very fast. I hope a new battery today will fix that. If not, I am in for a new iPhone before FD. I plan on using the phone to hotspot a wifi connection for the computer, as running FT8 will require Internet connectivity for real-time communication with the software.

Did anyone say this is a cheap hobby?

Tnx and 73,
Robin, WA7CPA

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 10:32 AM, Shawn / K7ATA <shawn@...> wrote:
What are the output specs on your solar blanket?

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 6/18/2018 8:35 AM, Robin Amundson wrote:
I can add solar blankets in a chain but I do not have a second one. Perhaps I should call Bioenno and see if they can ship a second to me for delivery by Friday?

Tom WA7TBP

Hello all:

Due to family travel plans, I will not be able to spend the night at the field day site. I will be there, but cannot bring my camper this year. I will be there Friday afternoon and evening, all day Saturday, and will help with cleanup on Sunday. I am willing to be the Safety Officer if you are OK with me not being there full time. Be advised, I will take the Safety Officer duties very seriously. By this I mean hard hats, gloves, safety gear (the yard work we talked about for Friday) and the like. If you are OK with that, I will be your safety guy.

Looking forward to spending some fun time with all of you.

Tom

In a message dated 6/18/2018 08:47:13 Pacific Standard Time, wa7cpa@... writes:

[...]

Rowland

I can bring my powerpole kit with.

Thank You,

Rowland Brasch

Rowland Brasch

K7RWB

SnoValley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC)

www.snovarc.org

SnoVARC Facebook

Thanks for the loan of the battery, Paul. The end of the 7300 power cable has separate red wire and a black wire attached to the back of my desktop power supply. No power poles as supplied out of the box. My power supply does have powerpole socket which I use with my KX3 power connection. Workbench solution someone?

Also, my laptop just does not run off any battery, only the wall wart. My bad when I bought it reburbished for $300 from Newegg. I was naive and inattentive and should have sent it back. Too late now. Getting one that will work on a battery is on my list.

Tnx and 73,

Robin

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 4:36 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:

> 2. Need a battery/power supply for my new IC-7300--unless the group considers it okay to use my Powerwerx power supply that will require commercial power. Who has a battery to lend to the FD effort? It needs DC 13.8V/25A (Capacity at least 21 amps).  I am just trying to set up this rig on my shack desk and figure out how to run it. I have not had time to order a field battery. My 2 Bioennos were acquired for my 15 watt rig and are insufficient for the 7300.

I have a Group U1 lead acid battery (capacity 35AH) in a battery box I can loan to the effort.  I’ll make sure it’s charged up.  Voltmeter built in and powerpole connections.

> 3. Who can bring up a laptop with N1MM software installed for logging at the IC-7300 GOTA station?
>
> I will also be needing commercial power for my laptop for the KX3. Its internal battery does not work, even with a brand new one. So, I think our category is firmly A-Commercial. We were A-Commercial last year, I believe. It has all my logging and FT-8 software installed, so a swap is definitely not feasible.

You could run the laptop off a battery and inverter.  Doesn’t your cool Bienno battery thing have 120VAC output?

Robin WA7CPA

Tom,
I am good with you being our hard-nosed safety officer, including you advising me regarding overnight. If conditions are inadvisable for me to stay up there overnight, I will abide by your call. Thank you and 73.

Robin, WA7CPA

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 11:00 AM, Tom WA7TBP via Groups.Io <tomwa7tbp@...> wrote:
[...]

All,
Yay, looks like you guys have us covered getting the 7300 GOTA station on the air.
Robin

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 11:10 AM, Rowland <k7rwb@...> wrote:

I can bring my powerpole kit with.

Thank You,

Rowland Brasch

Rowland Brasch

K7RWB

SnoValley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC)

www.snovarc.org

SnoVARC Facebook

Thanks for the loan of the battery, Paul. The end of the 7300 power cable has separate red wire and a black wire attached to the back of my desktop power supply. No power poles as supplied out of the box. My power supply does have powerpole socket which I use with my KX3 power connection. Workbench solution someone?

Also, my laptop just does not run off any battery, only the wall wart. My bad when I bought it reburbished for $300 from Newegg. I was naive and inattentive and should have sent it back. Too late now. Getting one that will work on a battery is on my list.

Tnx and 73,

Robin

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 4:36 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:

> 2. Need a battery/power supply for my new IC-7300--unless the group considers it okay to use my Powerwerx power supply that will require commercial power. Who has a battery to lend to the FD effort? It needs DC 13.8V/25A (Capacity at least 21 amps).  I am just trying to set up this rig on my shack desk and figure out how to run it. I have not had time to order a field battery. My 2 Bioennos were acquired for my 15 watt rig and are insufficient for the 7300.

I have a Group U1 lead acid battery (capacity 35AH) in a battery box I can loan to the effort.  I’ll make sure it’s charged up.  Voltmeter built in and powerpole connections.

> 3. Who can bring up a laptop with N1MM software installed for logging at the IC-7300 GOTA station?
>
> I will also be needing commercial power for my laptop for the KX3. Its internal battery does not work, even with a brand new one. So, I think our category is firmly A-Commercial. We were A-Commercial last year, I believe. It has all my logging and FT-8 software installed, so a swap is definitely not feasible.

You could run the laptop off a battery and inverter.  Doesn’t your cool Bienno battery thing have 120VAC output?

andrew@...

Hey Robin,

FWIW, I am building a solar power supply with a Tesla battery module.  There are 16 modules in a Model S.  Kinda heavy (at 55 lbs) so it's more of a mobile kind of rig, than something you can put in a backpack.  I wanted something that would make it here in the winter for a while with just clouds for months at a time.  I should have all the pieces needed, I just have to stuff it in a Pelican gun case I got so I can haul it around.  It's somewhat complicated, at least if you don't want a big fire.  I'll try and remember to take some pictures of it going together.

Andrew

I am cool with that unless someone else want to take command.
Many things on my plate this week with large event and prep for this weekend, being on call and kiddo's getting out for the summer. The universe is plotting against me this year, laughs.

Ken W7ECK

[...]

As of tonight, our family travel plans have changed. I will be able to stay overnight Saturday until Sunday. I was not expecting this, but am pleased I can stay overnight. I will be there in my camper. I have some fire extinguishers I can bring and I have a first aid kit that will be with me while I am there. What time were we going to gather on Friday to do the yard work? I was gone most of the week and missed the conversations regarding when we would get together and do the yard work.

See you on net tonight.

Tom