Topics

DMR Class

Rowland

Hi All,

I have had several conversations with different club members on the possibility of having a DMR (digital mobile radio) class locally.  I would want to start at the basics and then work up the knowledge level. I have two questions on this subject…..

  1. Does anyone in the club presently have the level of DMR knowledge to teach this class?
  2. If the answer to question 1 is no, then should I look around the area for someone that would be willing to teach this class
  3. And the most important question is how many others would like to sit in this class?

Schedule allowing I would take the class for sure.

On Aug 7, 2019, at 1:53 PM, Rowland <k7rwb@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I have had several conversations with different club members on the possibility of having a DMR (digital mobile radio) class locally.  I would want to start at the basics and then work up the knowledge level. I have two questions on this subject…..

  1. Does anyone in the club presently have the level of DMR knowledge to teach this class?
  2. If the answer to question 1 is no, then should I look around the area for someone that would be willing to teach this class
  3. And the most important question is how many others would like to sit in this class?

Lou Giliberto (KD7HCW)

I recently set up a hot-spot and got DMR working so I'm happy to help others do the same, but I don't have in-depth knowledge yet.

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

I have had several conversations with different club members on the possibility of having a DMR (digital mobile radio) class locally.  I would want to start at the basics and then work up the knowledge level. I have two questions on this subject…..

  1. Does anyone in the club presently have the level of DMR knowledge to teach this class?
  2. If the answer to question 1 is no, then should I look around the area for someone that would be willing to teach this class
  3. And the most important question is how many others would like to sit in this class?

Lou Giliberto (KD7HCW)

There is an active DMR group in the area, though, if we want to invite an expert. They even produce some hardware

http://www.trbo.org/pnw/index.html

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

I recently set up a hot-spot and got DMR working so I'm happy to help others do the same, but I don't have in-depth knowledge yet.

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

I have had several conversations with different club members on the possibility of having a DMR (digital mobile radio) class locally.  I would want to start at the basics and then work up the knowledge level. I have two questions on this subject…..

  1. Does anyone in the club presently have the level of DMR knowledge to teach this class?
  2. If the answer to question 1 is no, then should I look around the area for someone that would be willing to teach this class
  3. And the most important question is how many others would like to sit in this class?

Lou Giliberto (KD7HCW)

Whoops that's the old site. Here is the new one.

http://pnwdigital.net/

[...]

I've been using Wires-X (Yaesu), and would love to sit in on a digital class. I would also be happy to share my experience with digital via a show and tell.

Thanks for setting this up!

Howard
KJ7HHS

Kirt / K7KDW

Rowland, I know we've already discussed but count me in for the class.

I've been using Wires-X (Yaesu), and would love to sit in on a digital class. I would also be happy to share my experience with digital via a show and tell.

Thanks for setting this up!

Howard
KJ7HHS

Peter Marchel

As a newbie, I am interested.

Peter

Rowland, I know we've already discussed but count me in for the class.