Topics

3 to 4 foot 1.5" Mast tubing

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

I'm looking for a short 1.5" diameter antenna tubing about 3 or 4 feet long. I can order them on DXEngineering but was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to where I can get them locally.  Ideas?

TIA!

Paul Zoba

Aluminum? Copper?  I think you could get copper from Ace or Lowe’s.

PVC? Lowe’s

On Nov 21, 2020, at 5:50 PM, Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

I'm looking for a short 1.5" diameter antenna tubing about 3 or 4 feet long. I can order them on DXEngineering but was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to where I can get them locally.  Ideas?

TIA!

Ralph Lease

Go to lowes and buy a 10 ft section of chain link fence top rail. Its galvanized.  Cut to length.

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020, 5:50 PM Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:
I'm looking for a short 1.5" diameter antenna tubing about 3 or 4 feet long. I can order them on DXEngineering but was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to where I can get them locally.  Ideas?

TIA!

If you only need something 1.5”-ish, then chain link fence top rail.  It’s usually galvanized.

If you actually need 1.5”, then metal conduit will do nicely.  Not galvanized, so you probably want to prime it and paint it.

On Nov 21, 2020, at 6:07 PM, Ralph Lease <ralph.lease@...> wrote:

Go to lowes and buy a 10 ft section of chain link fence top rail. Its galvanized.  Cut to length.

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020, 5:50 PM Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:
I'm looking for a short 1.5" diameter antenna tubing about 3 or 4 feet long. I can order them on DXEngineering but was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to where I can get them locally.  Ideas?

TIA!

Thanks. Stupid question… what do I need to cut it? I don’t have a shop so I have limited capabilities…. That’s part of my problem…

Go to lowes and buy a 10 ft section of chain link fence top rail. Its galvanized.  Cut to length.

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020, 5:50 PM Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

I'm looking for a short 1.5" diameter antenna tubing about 3 or 4 feet long. I can order them on DXEngineering but was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to where I can get them locally.  Ideas?

TIA!

Ralph Lease

I can loan you a hacksaw. Manual but it cuts.

Ralph KC7QXD

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020, 7:39 PM Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

Thanks. Stupid question… what do I need to cut it? I don’t have a shop so I have limited capabilities…. That’s part of my problem…

Go to lowes and buy a 10 ft section of chain link fence top rail. Its galvanized.  Cut to length.

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020, 5:50 PM Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

I'm looking for a short 1.5" diameter antenna tubing about 3 or 4 feet long. I can order them on DXEngineering but was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to where I can get them locally.  Ideas?

TIA!

A hacksaw will do.  You can borrow mine if I can find it.  Or you could use my battery powered reciprocating saw, which I would be happy to loan you.

On Nov 21, 2020, at 7:39 PM, Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

Thanks. Stupid question… what do I need to cut it? I don’t have a shop so I have limited capabilities…. That’s part of my problem…

Go to lowes and buy a 10 ft section of chain link fence top rail. Its galvanized.  Cut to length.

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020, 5:50 PM Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

I'm looking for a short 1.5" diameter antenna tubing about 3 or 4 feet long. I can order them on DXEngineering but was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to where I can get them locally.  Ideas?

TIA!

Ralph Lease

All you high tech guys.  Yes, the recip saw would be much easier.

Ralph KC7QXD

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020, 7:49 PM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:
A hacksaw will do.  You can borrow mine if I can find it.  Or you could use my battery powered reciprocating saw, which I would be happy to loan you.

On Nov 21, 2020, at 7:39 PM, Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

Thanks. Stupid question… what do I need to cut it? I don’t have a shop so I have limited capabilities…. That’s part of my problem…

Go to lowes and buy a 10 ft section of chain link fence top rail. Its galvanized.  Cut to length.

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020, 5:50 PM Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

I'm looking for a short 1.5" diameter antenna tubing about 3 or 4 feet long. I can order them on DXEngineering but was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to where I can get them locally.  Ideas?

TIA!

Thanks all. I will pick up a galvanized fence post from Home Depot and (attempt) to cut it with a reciprocating saw....

Ralph Lease