Topics

1:1 Balun - Buy or Make?

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

Happy Thanksgiving-eve fellow SnoVarcians....

I going to use a 1:1 balun  for my random length antenna I'm planning on stringing up. Was thinking of just buying this LDG. Is this something that I could easily make instead? Getting my HF rig on-air asap is my priority.  Any words of wisdom?

Thanks and have a great Turkey day!

-

Shawn / K7ATA

Making Baluns is EASY, Unless this costs less than ~$10, you can just make it. I'm willing to show you (and anyone else) how to make these SIMPLE devices.

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 11/27/2019 9:33 PM, Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving-eve fellow SnoVarcians....

I going to use a 1:1 balun  for my random length antenna I'm planning on stringing up. Was thinking of just buying this LDG. Is this something that I could easily make instead? Getting my HF rig on-air asap is my priority.  Any words of wisdom?

Thanks and have a great Turkey day!

-

THanks Shawn,

Yes, I would be interested in a Balun making Elmer session.

Make it so!

Ralph Lease

would  this  be something  we could do as a kit at an Elmer session. Most likely  at the carnation  space? Just a thought .

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019, 4:13 PM Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:
THanks Shawn,

Yes, I would be interested in a Balun making Elmer session.

Make it so!

Kirt White / K7KDW

I'd be interested in this as well.

would  this  be something  we could do as a kit at an Elmer session. Most likely  at the carnation  space? Just a thought .

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019, 4:13 PM Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:
THanks Shawn,

Yes, I would be interested in a Balun making Elmer session.

Make it so!

Yes! That would be perfect!

Excuse my typos - sent via my thumbs or by voice from a mobile device

On Nov 29, 2019, at 4:53 PM, Ralph Lease <ralph.lease@...> wrote:

would  this  be something  we could do as a kit at an Elmer session. Most likely  at the carnation  space? Just a thought .

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019, 4:13 PM Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:
THanks Shawn,

Yes, I would be interested in a Balun making Elmer session.

Make it so!

Robin Amundson

I would like to be informed when a date is set in case I am available. Thank you.

Shawn -(and others)  how does wednesday 12/11 look for a Balun creating lesson at the Carnation shack? Time TBD

Ralph Lease

would  work  for  me .

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019, 6:49 PM Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:
Shawn -(and others)  how does wednesday 12/11 look for a Balun creating lesson at the Carnation shack? Time TBD

Robin Amundson

FB. Holding place on my calendar.

Shawn / K7ATA

Thursday or Friday works,but Wednesday is booked solid. :-(

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 11/29/2019 7:37 PM, Robin Amundson wrote:
FB. Holding place on my calendar.

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

Thursday is the holiday party and Friday Im volunteering for the Duvall Tree Lighting… :-(

Shawn - why don't you pick a day and time the following week that works for you and we’ll see who can make it.

On Nov 30, 2019, at 4:40 PM, Shawn / K7ATA <shawn@...> wrote:

Thursday or Friday works,but Wednesday is booked solid. :-(

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 11/29/2019 7:37 PM, Robin Amundson wrote:
FB. Holding place on my calendar.

I would like to attend but same issues as Howard with scheduling for Thursday or Friday next week. The week of the 9th would be better Wednesday or Thursday.
Thank You,