Mellish Reef DXpedition Elmer presentation interest?

Robin WA7CPA

Rob Fanfant, N7QT, will be returning very soon from the Mellish Reef Dxpedition, VK9MA. I am sure he will book up very quickly for Elmer presentations. Any interest in booking him in his first available month? Mellish Reef is uninhabited way out in the Coral Sea. How cool is that? Did anyone work the DXpedition?

Bengt-Erik Norum

I'm happy to invite him - this will be an interesting one, for sure!  I was originally scheduled to be on the trip and had to bail, due to the new job.  I built the website and donation mechanism and was a pilot and twitter liaison for the operation, while they were out there.  Some of my equipment even went without me.

I can tell you that this operation falls into the "mega complexity" category.  They took ~8 pallets of gear and ran 5 operating positions, often with two stations on the same band (CW/RTTY & Phone).   Their final tally for ~10 days on the reef was 43k (+/- some for log discrepancies).

73, K7ADD

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 9:28 AM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
Rob Fanfant, N7QT, will be returning very soon from the Mellish Reef Dxpedition, VK9MA. I am sure he will book up very quickly for Elmer presentations. Any interest in booking him in his first available month? Mellish Reef is uninhabited way out in the Coral Sea. How cool is that? Did anyone work the DXpedition?

Yes for the DX Expedition presentation.  Make sure there is an opening for a particular month for him to present to club.

Thank You,

Rowland Brasch

Rowland Brasch

K7RWB

SnoValley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC)

www.snovarc.org

SnoVARC Facebook

Rob Fanfant, N7QT, will be returning very soon from the Mellish Reef Dxpedition, VK9MA. I am sure he will book up very quickly for Elmer presentations. Any interest in booking him in his first available month? Mellish Reef is uninhabited way out in the Coral Sea. How cool is that? Did anyone work the DXpedition?

Chuck

Yes on DX presentation.

Chuck
KE7JWP

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 17, 2017, at 10:30 AM, Rowland <k7rwb@...> wrote:

Yes for the DX Expedition presentation.  Make sure there is an opening for a particular month for him to present to club.

Thank You,

Rowland Brasch

Rowland Brasch

K7RWB

SnoValley Amateur Radio Club (SnoVARC)

www.snovarc.org

SnoVARC Facebook

Rob Fanfant, N7QT, will be returning very soon from the Mellish Reef Dxpedition, VK9MA. I am sure he will book up very quickly for Elmer presentations. Any interest in booking him in his first available month? Mellish Reef is uninhabited way out in the Coral Sea. How cool is that? Did anyone work the DXpedition?

Robin WA7CPA

Bengt,
Yes please invite Rob to SnoVarc!
Thank you. I was not at October meeting. Do not know Elmer Schedule. Can someone with that information speak to a date?

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 17, 2017, at 10:34 AM, Bengt-Erik Norum <k7add@...> wrote:

[...]

You can bump me if needed as my schedule has been a mess.

Ken

On Nov 17, 2017, at 1:24 PM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

[...]

Lindy KG7IFA

Here is the tentative schedule.  As you can see there are several available slots.

January (Split group 50/50): 1) Net Control Training (FD radio) and 2) Messaging Practice -- Ralph/Tom
February: Hands on WINLINK (to set up & run) -- Jim
March: Emergency Antenna/Hand Held Antenna -- Ken/Shawn
April: Radio Club of Redmond speaker -- Robin
May: Radio Club of Redmond speaker -- Robin
June: Field Day Prep
July: Alternative Sources of Power for Radio (Emergency Power Supply) -- Shawn
August: Directional Antennas & Schedule a Fox Hunt - Dan
September: OPEN
October: Planning
November: OPEN
December: Dinner

[...]

LOL, I missed the meeting and got slotted to find two consecutive speakers. Bengt-- do you think April is too far in the future for Rob to still want to give a talk?

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 4:22 PM, Lindy KG7IFA via Groups.Io <lindyforbarclays@...> wrote:
[...]

Martin,
What kind of antenna did you use and how much power and what time of day were the contacts with VK9MA?