Topics

April Tech Class/Test and VE Refresher Course

Paul Zoba

Thank you! I remember that now!

On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 4:20 PM W7ABD <w7abd1@...> wrote:
Hi Paul,

Congrats on getting your General license!  Welcome to the HAM World.

A VE is a Volunteer Examiner.  This certification is issued by the ARRL.  A VE is trained and certified to be a proctor of HAM Testing on behalf of the ARRL.  The ARRL is VEC, which is a Volunteer Examiner Coordinator.  Granted my the FCC to produce testing materials and and issue tests to prospective HAM Radio Operators.

When you took your test for Tech and General, the people running the testing were all VE's.

Checkout: http://arrl.org/ve for more information.

Jim
W7ABD

On 2/8/20 15:01, Paul Zoba wrote:
I don’t know what VE is?  Thanks!

W7ABD

Hi Paul,

Congrats on getting your General license!  Welcome to the HAM World.

A VE is a Volunteer Examiner.  This certification is issued by the ARRL.  A VE is trained and certified to be a proctor of HAM Testing on behalf of the ARRL.  The ARRL is VEC, which is a Volunteer Examiner Coordinator.  Granted my the FCC to produce testing materials and and issue tests to prospective HAM Radio Operators.

When you took your test for Tech and General, the people running the testing were all VE's.

Checkout: http://arrl.org/ve for more information.

Jim
W7ABD

On 2/8/20 15:01, Paul Zoba wrote:
I don’t know what VE is?  Thanks!

Paul Zoba

I don’t know what VE is?  Thanks!

Irvina Mizell

My apologies to all if I scared you off with the 7:am time frame for the study days.  That's when I plan to be there to set up.  9:am is when class will begin.

We are hosting study days with students, including 1:1 help and hands-on radio opportunities.

  • Saturday, March 28, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
  • Saturday, April 4, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
  • Saturday, April 11, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Irvina
W7IRM