Topics

Antenna for my Sony reciever

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I have a little Grundig that is, I think, in the same sort of class as your Sony.  I’ve had good luck with a simple long wire antenna.  A dipole might do better but the first thing you might try is just stringing out a wire.  If that works well, there are a lot of long wire antennas on reels for sale on Amazon and ebay.

On Apr 6, 2020, at 6:39 PM, Dale Smith <dale_smith@...> wrote:

Hey hiya snovarcians,

I have a couple of Sony ICF-SW7600GR radios I keep for emergency receivers. I have an external antenna jack and thought of making a simple dipole.

I have ferrite beads on every single switching power supply so I hope noise won’t be a problem.

I’d appreciate any thoughts, insights, tricks, tips, and traps anyone might share.

Back in the 80’s I got a lot of use out of this little guy and I’d like to per him back to work. Here’s a picture of the little guy.

<image001.jpg>

Regards,
Dale Smith
425-686-9304
KJ7GHU

Reclaim your life and delete FaceBook!

Dale Smith

Hey hiya snovarcians,

I have a couple of Sony ICF-SW7600GR radios I keep for emergency receivers. I have an external antenna jack and thought of making a simple dipole.

I have ferrite beads on every single switching power supply so I hope noise won’t be a problem.

I’d appreciate any thoughts, insights, tricks, tips, and traps anyone might share.

Back in the 80’s I got a lot of use out of this little guy and I’d like to per him back to work. Here’s a picture of the little guy.

Regards,

Dale Smith

425-686-9304

LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/dalegsmith