Topics

Habitat for Humanity Donation/Truck Needed

Ken Koch

Probably. The windows are for a 5 ft. opening. I will need to get the overall measurements.

Thanks!

On Apr 25, 2020, at 9:13 PM, Carol Swanton <KC7RWQ@...> wrote:

Hi ken,

I have F150 with 5' bed and 'permanent' canopy.  Would that work?

Carol

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020, 7:25 PM Ken Koch WA7KK <groups@...> wrote:
I have a couple of fairly large windows, and a few small ones that I've replaced as a part of a remodel.  They are in excellent condition and it occurred to me that they would probably make a good donation for Habitat for Humanity or a similar group.  However, I do know that they (HFH) don't pick up donations of this kind.  If anyone has a truck and they would be willing to do the transport (once things open up) then I'll save them rather than trash them.  I don't really want to rent a truck to do the donation since I really can't move them by myself anyway.

Unfortunately, I need to make the decision on whether to dump them or donate them relatively soon (the next couple of weeks), probably before I can verify that a charity would definitely want them.  If they don't, then I may need help transporting them to a dump.

If anyone with a relatively large pickup or other truck is feeling charitable then I'd like to tentatively reserve their time.

Outside of that, if anybody in the group has a possible personal need for some windows I will give you the dimension and specifics.

Carol Swanton

[...]

Gerard Repko

If you can’t find a contact to get the windows picked up, you might want to give “second use building supplies in Seattle a call. They may come out and pick it up, might even pay you for them. They sell every aspect of building and have a vast collection of everything. We got some vintage doors from them once for our other property.

Yep, just looked them up and there’s a “contact our salvage crew” link.  Here’s the main link to their page;

73
Stay healthy brother
KG7REV
GERARD

[...]