Topics

6 meter tune up

Tom WA7TBP

Hello everyone:

I am sorry I haven't got the summary of the 6 meter tune up out yet. I am in my RV until next Wednesday, and I failed to bring my logbook from home. I will get the summary out as soon as I can after we get back.

Sorry about that. A thumbnail sketch of the exercise was that most stations were able to hear one another. If I remember right, I was not able to hear 3 stations of all those that checked in. I feel that 6 meters offers SNOVARC some great value for public service, rag chews and EMCOMM. When I was a two way radio tech, I worked in the Snoqualmie Valley. Weyerhauser was our biggest customer. I was amazed at the coverage with the 49 MHz simplex base station they had throughout King, Snohomish and Pierce County. Maybe we should have another 6 meter tune up in the future.

Again, sorry I forgot my logbook. I will do my best to get the summary out as soon as I get home. Thanks to all of you that participated in the test.

73,

Tom, WA7TBP

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

Thanks, Tom.  I have to say, going into the exercise I figured my antenna, which is horizontally polarized and frankly pretty awful for 6m, would mean that I would have very poor performance on 6m, both SSB and FM.  To my great surprise, I found my station performed surprisingly well.  Good news!

On May 23, 2020, at 9:29 AM, Tom WA7TBP via groups.io <tomwa7tbp@...> wrote:

[...]

Robin Amundson

It was my first-ever 6m FM experience and the sound quality was fantastic. I am a new 6m FM enthusiast.

Robin, WA7CPA

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 9:39 AM Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:
[...]

Paul Zoba

Hey, it was new to me too! But then lots of things in this field are new to me... lol.

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 10:27 AM Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
[...]

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

I just got my Hf fired up. Missed the 6m tune up the other night. Is there any one willing to try a test qso with me this weekend?

I would be delighted to try a test qso.

On May 23, 2020, at 3:39 PM, Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

I just got my Hf fired up. Missed the 6m tune up the other night. Is there any one willing to try a test qso with me this weekend?

Paul Zoba

Me too.  When and where?

On May 23, 2020, at 3:41 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:

I would be delighted to try a test qso.

On May 23, 2020, at 3:39 PM, Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

I just got my Hf fired up. Missed the 6m tune up the other night. Is there any one willing to try a test qso with me this weekend?

Im on the radio note. Pick a time and frequency? Thanks!!

Excuse my typos - sent via my thumbs or by voice from a mobile device

On May 23, 2020, at 4:14 PM, Paul Zoba <pezoba@...> wrote:

Me too.  When and where?

On May 23, 2020, at 3:41 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:

I would be delighted to try a test qso.

On May 23, 2020, at 3:39 PM, Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

I just got my Hf fired up. Missed the 6m tune up the other night. Is there any one willing to try a test qso with me this weekend?

Thanks Paul (W7PFB) for testing 6M SSB and FM  with me this weekend.

I'm looking for others in various QTH's to continue testing with. Let me know if interested.

73

Robin Amundson

I am interested and available in the shack for a few minutes right now.