IC-7300 Major Update 140

Robin WA7CPA

I just completed my update and hopefully restored my previous settings. I am starting this thread for 7300 owners to comment on changes noticed so we can help each other learn and compare notes.

Robin WA7CPA

And...no power out to PA...

Paul Zoba

Hmm, sorry Robin.  I updated my firmware then reloaded my settings and everything has been working fine. No issues that Ive noticed at all. I had to update both the 7300 and the 9700.

73, and keep us posted,

Paul
W7PEZ

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 11:51 AM Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
And...no power out to PA...

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

No power out? Yikes! My 9700 updated and settings restored without problems- now to figure out how to find and use the  changes

Excuse my typos - sent via my thumbs or by voice from a mobile device

On Feb 27, 2021, at 12:51 PM, Paul Zoba <pezoba@...> wrote:

Hmm, sorry Robin.  I updated my firmware then reloaded my settings and everything has been working fine. No issues that Ive noticed at all. I had to update both the 7300 and the 9700.

73, and keep us posted,

Paul
W7PEZ

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 11:51 AM Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
And...no power out to PA...

I have learned my lesson from my ic-9700 audio gain brouhaha.

Is the RF output level set to something sensible?  Because if the update set it to zero…

On Feb 27, 2021, at 11:51 AM, Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

And...no power out to PA...

Robin WA7CPA

All good now. Doing the actual update was about 5 minutes, not a big deal. I now have power out but I cannot tell you why I did not because it is a secret from me. Did a bunch of hocus pocus such as shutting down station and bringing it back, confirming my original settings were still there, improving SWR on the band,  and turning the Audio up to audible. At first no power on CW or FT8, but now it all works. Honestly I don't know why.

I discovered it when I tried to work South Sudan during a brief opening. He disappeared about the time I finally had power.

To throw another hat in the ring.....my 7300 does not show any output power when doing winlink HF and the radio is set to USB-D.  Might be something silly but I am not sure.  Have power output on USB voice without the D (digital).  Thoughts?

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 2:14 PM Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
All good now. Doing the actual update was about 5 minutes, not a big deal. I now have power out but I cannot tell you why I did not because it is a secret from me. Did a bunch of hocus pocus such as shutting down station and bringing it back, confirming my original settings were still there, improving SWR on the band,  and turning the Audio up to audible. At first no power on CW or FT8, but now it all works. Honestly I don't know why.

I discovered it when I tried to work South Sudan during a brief opening. He disappeared about the time I finally had power.

Robin WA7CPA

Rowland,
No power out on a data mode suggests to me incorrect line/mic settings. Did Windows revert your choice? Is the speaker setting still as original up?

Robin, WA7CPA

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021, 7:20 PM Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:
[...]

I did have a major W10 software update to my laptop on Friday and then noticed the "no power issue" happening after that. I have checked to obvious settings as you mentioned and found one that had changed. Set it back to what it should be and now I have power output from the radio on USB-D.  Thanks for the hint Robin.

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 7:37 PM Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
[...]

This happens to me every time a Windows Update happens. It’s annoying...

Glad you found it!

On Feb 28, 2021, at 11:48 AM, Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:

[...]

https://youtu.be/Y5nsVfhe0MU

Here’s a video that discusses some of the updates. The first half is how to do the update so if you’re done already skip through it.

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

Nice. Thanks Paul! Looks like the updates on the 9700 apply here too

From: <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Paul Zoba <pezoba@...>
Date: Monday, March 1, 2021 at 11:10 AM
To: <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SnoVARC] IC-7300 Major Update 140

https://youtu.be/Y5nsVfhe0MU

Here’s a video that discusses some of the updates. The first half is how to do the update so if you’re done already skip through it.

Robin WA7CPA

Setting up for the ARRL DX SSB contest this weekend. Monitor no longer seems to work. I cannot hear myself talk and I cannot hear my recorded macros. I did have good on air feedback from another ham who can hear my live voice and my recorded voice, and can't tell the difference between them. But I sure would like to be able to hear my macros. Has anyone else noticed monitor function not working since the update? Any ideas?

Robin WA7CPA

Problem solved. Another one for the blooper reel. That's all I'm willing to say. Sleep pays.

73,
Robin WA7CPA

Paul Zoba

LOL!  Good morning!

On Mar 4, 2021, at 7:56 AM, Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...> wrote:

Problem solved. Another one for the blooper reel. That's all I'm willing to say. Sleep pays.

73,
Robin WA7CPA

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

Haha! I’m looking forward to hearing the full blooper-reel version 😊

From: <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...>
Date: Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 7:56 AM
To: <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>