RT Systems

Robin WA7CPA

I just broke down and purchased the cable and software for programming 3 of my 5 types of HT radios. You sold me, Guys. It is like most things, a time vs money problem. This does not preclude me from learning to be a quick field programmer for all brands of radios I own. But, the goal is to be READY ASAP. And, there is a lot of other stuff I would rather do with my time.

Thanks and 73,

What Kathy and I do is have the programming steps printed out on a small card and attached to the radio.  Also have them in my cell phone.  RT systems is a great product and I have it for all my HTs.  However it does no good in the field if you have to program another simplex or repeater on the go.

There are listings for many of those procedures on the io site.

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 11:30 AM Robin WA7CPA <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
I just broke down and purchased the cable and software for programming 3 of my 5 types of HT radios. You sold me, Guys. It is like most things, a time vs money problem. This does not preclude me from learning to be a quick field programmer for all brands of radios I own. But, the goal is to be READY ASAP. And, there is a lot of other stuff I would rather do with my time.

Thanks and 73,
Robin, WA7CPA

Robin WA7CPA

Rowland,
I'm the biggest proponent for knowing field programming you will find. When I looked at the number of radios I need to get ready giving in to software makes the most sense.
73,
Robin