noob with some questions

Aaron K

Hi guys.  I'm playing around with my Baofeng BF-F9v2 and I'm wondering what local channels I should program into the unit.  I've looked at this:

but I'm not sure if it's up to date or even complete.  Any lists I can get?  Thanks!

-Aaron
KK6RUI

Robin WA7CPA

Aaron,
Here is the website of the group responsible for maintaining the most up-to-date repeater list for western WA. You can download the .pdf for free. It is on the left side. Then you can choose repeaters that are in locations that make sense for where you live and where you go. I hope this helps. https://www.wwara.org/

Robin, WA7CPA

Dan Pflugrath

Aaron,

Attached is a chirp image file that I use on my Boafeng along with the spreadsheet file of the image.  If you are using chirp to program your radio this could save you some data entry.

Let us know if you need help with chirp.

Dan KA7GPP

Here is the website of the group responsible for maintaining the most up-to-date repeater list for western WA. You can download the .pdf for free. It is on the left side. Then you can choose repeaters that are in locations that make sense for where you live and where you go. I hope this helps. https://www.wwara.org/

Duchess Says Goodbye To Royal Family
risingstarnewspaper.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3132/5a64b3ab7433033aa5433st02vuc
SponsoredBy Content.Ad

Mike Jacob

Aaron,

Something that has worked well for me is selecting repeaters that generally follow the major highways in WA.  I don’t have a mobile rig installed (yet) so this way I generally have good connectivity while I’m on the road.

Just a consideration if you’re on the road often and don’t have a mobile rig installed.

-Mike

W7GR

Attached is a chirp image file that I use on my Boafeng along with the spreadsheet file of the image.  If you are using chirp to program your radio this could save you some data entry.

Let us know if you need help with chirp.

Dan KA7GPP

Here is the website of the group responsible for maintaining the most up-to-date repeater list for western WA. You can download the .pdf for free. It is on the left side. Then you can choose repeaters that are in locations that make sense for where you live and where you go. I hope this helps. https://www.wwara.org/

Duchess Says Goodbye To Royal Family
risingstarnewspaper.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3132/5a64b3ab7433033aa5433st02vuc
SponsoredBy Content.Ad

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I’ve found www.repeaterbook.com to be a useful resource.  If you use the website you can generate files that you download and then suck into programming software (I use chirp) to program radios, which is handy.

The same outfit have an iphone app that I’ve found useful when traveling, as well.

On Jan 20, 2018, at 5:09 PM, Aaron K <aaron@...> wrote:

Hi guys.  I'm playing around with my Baofeng BF-F9v2 and I'm wondering what local channels I should program into the unit.  I've looked at this:

but I'm not sure if it's up to date or even complete.  Any lists I can get?  Thanks!

-Aaron
KK6RUI

Aaron K

Thanks, I'll check it out!

-Aaron
KK6RUI

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 6:18 AM, Robin Amundson <wa7cpa@...> wrote:
Aaron,
Here is the website of the group responsible for maintaining the most up-to-date repeater list for western WA. You can download the .pdf for free. It is on the left side. Then you can choose repeaters that are in locations that make sense for where you live and where you go. I hope this helps. https://www.wwara.org/

Robin, WA7CPA

Aaron K

Thanks Dan, I'm using chirp and the spreadsheet helps a lot!

-Aaron
KK6RUI

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 7:37 AM, Dan Pflugrath <dpflugrath@...> wrote:

Aaron,

Attached is a chirp image file that I use on my Boafeng along with the spreadsheet file of the image.  If you are using chirp to program your radio this could save you some data entry.

Let us know if you need help with chirp.

Dan KA7GPP

Here is the website of the group responsible for maintaining the most up-to-date repeater list for western WA. You can download the .pdf for free. It is on the left side. Then you can choose repeaters that are in locations that make sense for where you live and where you go. I hope this helps. https://www.wwara.org/

Duchess Says Goodbye To Royal Family
risingstarnewspaper.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3132/5a64b3ab7433033aa5433st02vuc
SponsoredBy Content.Ad

Aaron K

So how does that work?  Do other clubs agree to run repeaters for the bands we use locally and just run a kind of mesh-net?

-Aaron
KK6RUI

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 9:18 AM, Mike Jacob <golferguy02@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks folks!  Lots of stuff to keep me busy!

-Aaron
KK6RUI

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 9:21 AM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:
I’ve found www.repeaterbook.com to be a useful resource.  If you use the website you can generate files that you download and then suck into programming software (I use chirp) to program radios, which is handy.

The same outfit have an iphone app that I’ve found useful when traveling, as well.

On Jan 20, 2018, at 5:09 PM, Aaron K <aaron@...> wrote:

Hi guys.  I'm playing around with my Baofeng BF-F9v2 and I'm wondering what local channels I should program into the unit.  I've looked at this:

but I'm not sure if it's up to date or even complete.  Any lists I can get?  Thanks!

-Aaron
KK6RUI

Dan Pflugrath

As a general rule most all the repeaters are open to all amateurs, clubs and individuals.  The challenge for repeaters is to keep them from interfering with each other.  That is where  https://www.wwara.org/

comes in.  This is a group of volunteer amateurs who coordinate the various repeater frequencies.  You could define it as a mesh-net with coordinated frequencies but they are not usually connected together unless by Internet Linking (IRLP).  Any amateur or club can have a repeater but only if there is a free repeater pair (input and output frequency).

Most anywhere you go you can find a repeater to access.  A previous post mentioned www.repeaterbook.comThis is my source when traveling.

I am also available on Tuesday evenings at 7PM for the :New to Amateur Radio" net on the SNOVARC repeater 441.825  Tone 103.5.  We take all questions regardless of how simple or complex and also provide practice using our radios.

Need some help getting on the repeater frequency, give me a call by phone.

73,

Dan Pflugrath KA7GPP

dpflugrath@...

425-941-2339

Attached is a chirp image file that I use on my Boafeng along with the spreadsheet file of the image.  If you are using chirp to program your radio this could save you some data entry.

Let us know if you need help with chirp.

Dan KA7GPP

Here is the website of the group responsible for maintaining the most up-to-date repeater list for western WA. You can download the .pdf for free. It is on the left side. Then you can choose repeaters that are in locations that make sense for where you live and where you go. I hope this helps. https://www.wwara.org/

Duchess Says Goodbye To Royal Family
risingstarnewspaper.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3132/5a64b3ab7433033aa5433st02vuc
SponsoredBy Content.Ad

How To Remove Eye Bags & Lip Lines Fast (Watch)
Fit Mom Daily
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3132/5a6520e44172020e25655st03duc
SponsoredBy Content.Ad