Topics

Antenna Launcher

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

I want to buy an antenna launcher. What do people recommend?

Jackson Beard

How high do you need to go?

On Tue, May 26, 2020, 15:47 Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:
I want to buy an antenna launcher. What do people recommend?

100'

On May 26, 2020, at 4:44 PM, Jackson Beard <macleanofduart@...> wrote:

How high do you need to go?

On Tue, May 26, 2020, 15:47 Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:
I want to buy an antenna launcher. What do people recommend?

***********************************
Howard Mahran
(425) 864-5104
***********************************

Jason Frazier

I bought a giant 8ft arborist slingshot, line and beanbag 10 oz weight. Company rebranded as Notch.  All from Amazon. Arborist line is pricey but glides on bark and has exactly the slight amount of elasticity; too little and it gets stuck easily, too much and you lose control.

If you're looking for closest available launcher, there's a D-I-Buy pneumatic launcher on Craigslist for $100 in Spanaway.  You'll want to ask questions about the construction of this one, and make sure it's solidly built.  I have doubts as it's built with black pipe which is sometimes DWV plastic and rated to low PSI values.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/ele/d/spanaway-ham-radio-antenna-launcher/7128738932.html

73 de Jason W7DM

I want to buy an antenna launcher. What do people recommend?

Jackson Beard

I use a fishing pole with a lead weight.

On Tue, May 26, 2020, 16:45 Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:
100'

On May 26, 2020, at 4:44 PM, Jackson Beard <macleanofduart@...> wrote:

How high do you need to go?

On Tue, May 26, 2020, 15:47 Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:
I want to buy an antenna launcher. What do people recommend?

***********************************
Howard Mahran
(425) 864-5104
***********************************

I just today took delivery on a payload release from my Mavic Pro Platinum.  I have just used it to loft a tennis ball up 100 feet and drop it.

My next step is to arrange safe rigging (you really do NOT want to get the line tangled in a rotor) and use it to pull a line over a tree here at my place.
I am really, really hoping this is a more precise and straightforward way to rig lines for antennas.

I also have a air cannon style launcher, which I am happy to loan out to folks who want to use it (or I am happy to come help anyone put up antennas).
For sure if you’re going to buy one, borrow mine first.

On May 26, 2020, at 3:47 PM, Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

I want to buy an antenna launcher. What do people recommend?

Paul – what a great use of my Phantom Pro 4 that’s collecting dust!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I just today took delivery on a payload release from my Mavic Pro Platinum.  I have just used it to loft a tennis ball up 100 feet and drop it.

My next step is to arrange safe rigging (you really do NOT want to get the line tangled in a rotor) and use it to pull a line over a tree here at my place.

I am really, really hoping this is a more precise and straightforward way to rig lines for antennas.

I also have a air cannon style launcher, which I am happy to loan out to folks who want to use it (or I am happy to come help anyone put up antennas).

For sure if you’re going to buy one, borrow mine first.

On May 26, 2020, at 3:47 PM, Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

I want to buy an antenna launcher. What do people recommend?

https://dronefishing.com/products/gannet-x-dji-phantom-3-4-payload-bait-release-1

That’s the folks that made the release I have.

*************************<D15EB5BC92CA4139B1CE1C484F5AAB14.png>