Topics

April Ham Test Cancelled

Irvina Mizell

You probably assumed that, but someone asked.

Field Day is still up in the air.

Stay well all.

Irvina

Rowland

We need to discuss if we are going to try and have an online or on-air meeting for April.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 9:17 AM Irvina Mizell <irvina.mizell@...> wrote:
You probably assumed that, but someone asked.

Field Day is still up in the air.

Stay well all.

Irvina

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

I vote that we have an online meeting for business followed by an online elmer session -just as we would in person. We can announce and  run a pilot session one or two times to help folk get setup beforehand.

I also think adding one more on-air roundtable a week would help with the isolation. What do others think?

Howard

WA1HEM

We need to discuss if we are going to try and have an online or on-air meeting for April.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 9:17 AM Irvina Mizell <irvina.mizell@...> wrote:

You probably assumed that, but someone asked.

Field Day is still up in the air.

Stay well all.

Irvina

How limited would the Elmer session have to be? I realize show and tell of hardware would be a challenge.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 5:12 PM Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

I vote that we have an online meeting for business followed by an online elmer session -just as we would in person. We can announce and  run a pilot session one or two times to help folk get setup beforehand.

I also think adding one more on-air roundtable a week would help with the isolation. What do others think?

Howard

WA1HEM

We need to discuss if we are going to try and have an online or on-air meeting for April.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 9:17 AM Irvina Mizell <irvina.mizell@...> wrote:

You probably assumed that, but someone asked.

Field Day is still up in the air.

Stay well all.

Irvina

I really like the idea of another round table.  The morning round table happens while I’m still drinking coffee but a lunchtime or pre-dinner time slot would be fun.

On Mar 16, 2020, at 5:12 PM, Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM <wa1hem@...> wrote:

I vote that we have an online meeting for business followed by an online elmer session -just as we would in person. We can announce and  run a pilot session one or two times to help folk get setup beforehand.

I also think adding one more on-air roundtable a week would help with the isolation. What do others think?

Howard
WA1HEM

We need to discuss if we are going to try and have an online or on-air meeting for April.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 9:17 AM Irvina Mizell <irvina.mizell@...> wrote:
You probably assumed that, but someone asked.

Field Day is still up in the air.

Stay well all.

Irvina

*************************<CA25239D45854E8CABE0484BC4B9F6C7.png>

Ken Kosters

I would say have the club meeting on the radio but the same format as monthly meeting. This could also be good practice for radio decorum.

W7ECK

Ken

On Mar 16, 2020, at 5:48 PM, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:

[...]

Tom WA7TBP

Irvina:

Sure sorry you had to do this, but we just don't know what this darn virus is going to do. I hope everyone understands that it is better to be cautious.

We will try again later when this virus is behind us.

Tom

In a message dated 3/16/2020 09:17:49 Pacific Standard Time, irvina.mizell@... writes:

You probably assumed that, but someone asked.

Field Day is still up in the air.

Stay well all.

Irvina

Tom WA7TBP

Hi everyone:

I think it will be a good experiment to try on on the air meeting. There most likely be a bit of a learning curve, but I think SNOVARC is up to the challenge. Perhaps the on the air Elemer session could be more operational than theoretical. We could try a 10M tune up, or try a contact drill on 75M. Maybe we could even try some peer to peer Winlink. Just a few ideas.

Chew on these ideas and see what you think.

73,

TOm, WA7TBP

In a message dated 3/16/2020 17:15:43 Pacific Standard Time, rowland.brasch@... writes:

[...]

Shawn / K7ATA

If you have decent internet, Discord can be used for decent meetings

--Shawn
--K7ATA

<irvina.mizell@... <mailto:irvina.mizell@...>> wrote:

You probably assumed that, but someone asked.

Field Day is still up in the air.

Stay well all.

Irvina

I would love us to put on air the  “Snovarc Social Distancing Relief Net” -

Howard Mahran
(425) 864-5104