From: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io> on behalf of Shawn / K7ATA <shawn@...>
Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2020 9:58 AM
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>
Subject: [SnoVARC] Carnation to Rattlesnake LOS survey

We (K7RWB, W7PFB, K7ATA) recently did a LOS (line-of-sight) survey from
the carnation shack to the HAMWAN station atop Rattlesnake Ridge.

WITHOUT roof access (new locks, new code) we were able to do a
verification of LOS with binoculars from the top of the external stairs,
and I have also verified using multiple online tools.

--
--Shawn
--K7ATA

Shawn / K7ATA

Grr. the screenshot I added didn't go through...resending

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 7/18/2020 9:58 AM, Shawn / K7ATA via groups.io wrote:
We (K7RWB, W7PFB, K7ATA) recently did a LOS (line-of-sight) survey from the carnation shack to the HAMWAN station atop Rattlesnake Ridge.

WITHOUT roof access (new locks, new code) we were able to do a verification of LOS with binoculars from the top of the external stairs, and I have also verified using multiple online tools.

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

Awesome Shawn! I'm interested in learning more about HAMWAN and how we can leverage it. Thank you and to the rest of the team driving this!

P.S. What software did you to create that map?

Paul Zoba

Yes, that is a great map. I’m curious what software that is too! Lots of uses for that.

On Jul 18, 2020, at 10:52 AM, Shawn / K7ATA <shawn@...> wrote:

Grr. the screenshot I added didn't go through...resending

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 7/18/2020 9:58 AM, Shawn / K7ATA via groups.io wrote:
We (K7RWB, W7PFB, K7ATA) recently did a LOS (line-of-sight) survey from the carnation shack to the HAMWAN station atop Rattlesnake Ridge.

WITHOUT roof access (new locks, new code) we were able to do a verification of LOS with binoculars from the top of the external stairs, and I have also verified using multiple online tools.

<LOS-Carnation.PNG>

Rowland

Does this take the tree line into consideration?

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 10:52 AM Shawn / K7ATA <shawn@...> wrote:
Grr. the screenshot I added didn't go through...resending

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 7/18/2020 9:58 AM, Shawn / K7ATA via groups.io wrote:
> We (K7RWB, W7PFB, K7ATA) recently did a LOS (line-of-sight) survey
> from the carnation shack to the HAMWAN station atop Rattlesnake Ridge.
>

> WITHOUT roof access (new locks, new code) we were able to do a
> verification of LOS with binoculars from the top of the external
> stairs, and I have also verified using multiple online tools.

Bob Otis

Try this link - and, no, it doesn't take into consideration "buildings and other obstructions".
https://www.scadacore.com/tools/rf-path/rf-line-of-sight/

Bob KI7RMO

Yes, that is a great map. I’m curious what software that is too! Lots of uses for that.
On Jul 18, 2020, at 10:52 AM, Shawn / K7ATA <shawn@...> wrote:

Grr. the screenshot I added didn't go through...resending

--Shawn
--K7ATA

On 7/18/2020 9:58 AM, Shawn / K7ATA via groups.io wrote:
We (K7RWB, W7PFB, K7ATA) recently did a LOS (line-of-sight) survey from the carnation shack to the HAMWAN station atop Rattlesnake Ridge.

WITHOUT roof access (new locks, new code) we were able to do a verification of LOS with binoculars from the top of the external stairs, and I have also verified using multiple online tools.

<LOS-Carnation.PNG>

Dale Smith

... and I forgot to mention how the Fresnel zone affects highly directional antennas. Basically the lower the frequency the wider the Fresnel zone.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device