Topics

Congratulations Everyone!

Rowland

The club has received the "Special Service Club Award" from the American Radio Relay League (ARRL).  The following is directly from the ARRL website...

"A club that exists to go above and beyond for their communities and for Amateur Radio is what defines a Special Service Club (SSC).  They are the leaders in their Amateur Radio communities who provide active training classes, publicity programs and actively pursue technical projects and operating activities."

I applied for this award about two months ago at the recommendation of Lynn Burlingame, the ARRL Affiliated Club Coordinator for Western Washington.

We provide classes, work with our local cities and fire departments, have great Elmer sessions, provide additional help and training with the Rookie Roundtable, do monthly on air drills, work with the Carnation Duvall Citizen Corps with their drills and so on.

We are still moving forward with many of these tasks even through this pandemic.

Lynn thought this club deserved a pat on the back for all of our efforts.

You should all be proud!

image.png
image.png

Howard E. Mahran / WA1HEM

This is fantastic and well deserved. Congratulations to the club and its members. I’m really proud to be a part of such a great group of folk!