Topics

Covid Shot

Rowland

If you are interested when you will be eligible for your Covid shot go to this site.

Gerard Repko

I filled out the questionnaire and it said that I’m not yet eligible. But then when I filled out the part about having them contact me when I am, “the site said it could not be reached” so it’s either because I have a VPN on my phone, or they’re slammed with requests. Thanks for the link though Rowland.

73
Rev

On Jan 9, 2021, at 10:49 AM, Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:

If you are interested when you will be eligible for your Covid shot go to this site.

Bruce Gary

Speaking as one who is in the data-security business..... I (personally) would be reluctant to put my info into a form like this.

It has all the right logos and everything, but it is NOT hosted on the Washington State department of health site (www.doh.wa.gov), nor can I find a link to it on DOH's vaccine-info page.  Literally anyone could have set up this form and be using it to collect people's personal info.

It might be totally legit.... or it might not.  Either way, it's always a good idea to be careful with your personal info....

Bruce

From: "Rowland" <rowland.brasch@...>
Date: Sat, January 09, 2021 11:49 am
To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io

If you are interested when you will be eligible for your Covid shot go to this site.

Paul Zoba

I had the same experience. No VPN here.

On Jan 9, 2021, at 1:32 PM, Gerard Repko via groups.io <kg7rev@...> wrote:

I filled out the questionnaire and it said that I’m not yet eligible. But then when I filled out the part about having them contact me when I am, “the site said it could not be reached” so it’s either because I have a VPN on my phone, or they’re slammed with requests. Thanks for the link though Rowland.

73
Rev

On Jan 9, 2021, at 10:49 AM, Rowland <rowland.brasch@...> wrote:

If you are interested when you will be eligible for your Covid shot go to this site.

Shawn / K7ATA

the domain is registered via a domain privacy proxy through tucows; jotform.com is a business hosting forms for anyone that want's them...

--Shawn
--K7ATA

It has all the right logos and everything, but it is NOT hosted on the Washington State department of health site (www.doh.wa.gov <http://www.doh.wa.gov>), nor can I find a link to it on DOH's vaccine-info page. Literally anyone could have set up this form and be using it to collect people's personal info.

   From: "Rowland" <rowland.brasch@...
   <mailto:rowland.brasch@...>>
   Date: Sat, January 09, 2021 11:49 am
   To: snovarc@snovarc.groups.io <mailto:snovarc@snovarc.groups.io>

   If you are interested when you will be eligible for your Covid
   shot go to this site.

   https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwadoh.jotform.com%2F203418436942154&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C5aff5037d3ec4d9b46b208d8b4fa73bf%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637458335061473184%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=i6N6j%2F1kiwtRXp64TJXWVSc59VwC0H2oMVbrI51eeOo%3D&amp;reserved=0

Everyone has to decide if they want to use it or not.  We got it from KING 5 so be the judge.

On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 3:07 PM Lindy KG7IFA via groups.io <lindyforbarclays=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Ken Kosters

The website is not very good as I filled out forms for my work a couple months ago for DOH and Ecology and fall in the B2 group with my work.

Ken W7ECK

If you are interested when you will be eligible for your Covid shot go to this site.

Gerard Repko

Oh I totally agree on the security aspect. But the form was very innocuous as to the info they wanted it was just name, date of birth and the state you live in. My wife also works in IT for a large company, and I’m also fairly proficient in computer skills. I also run a VPN For all of my devices. But you are on point about security.

73
KG7REV

P.S. I don’t plan on even getting the vaccine.I don’t want to be in the beta group. I’ll take the stance of wait and see😉 I was just curious as to whether I qualify or not. But with my extensive medical history I’m sure my doc would get me one. I believe he’s already asked me, but he knows me for close to 20 years, so he knows where I stand.

Martin Tuip

The jotform link is the same link that is sent out from primary care providers.  I actually received the same one through their secure system.

It has all the right logos and everything, but it is NOT hosted on the Washington State department of health site (http://www.doh.wa.gov/), nor can I find a link to it on DOH's vaccine-info page.  Literally anyone could have set up this form and be using it to collect people's personal info.

It might be totally legit.... or it might not.  Either way, it's always a good idea to be careful with your personal info....

Bruce

If you are interested when you will be eligible for your Covid shot go to this site.

Douglas Schwed

Dear Martin,

How long does it take to get ham license and how much does it cost?

Thanks,

Doug

How long it takes depends on how much time you invest in studying.  I can be done in a week for the basic license.  https://hamradioprep.com/license-cost/