Topics

Double Nickel Simplex Net Tonight

Paul Zoba

Every Saturday night at 8pm, there is a Simplex net on 146.55

Lately, the host has been Dan KB7RYY in Bellevue. Dan is easy to hear, but there are lots of 5w stations around that can be a challenge. Keep a log of what you hear and compare it week to week. This process has helped me to improve my station.

73,

Paul

Paul Zoba

On Jul 18, 2020, at 4:35 PM, Paul Zoba via groups.io <pezoba@...> wrote:

Every Saturday night at 8pm, there is a Simplex net on 146.55

Lately, the host has been Dan KB7RYY in Bellevue. Dan is easy to hear, but there are lots of 5w stations around that can be a challenge. Keep a log of what you hear and compare it week to week. This process has helped me to improve my station.

73,

Paul

Rowland

??

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 8:51 PM Paul Zoba <pezoba@...> wrote:

On Jul 18, 2020, at 4:35 PM, Paul Zoba via groups.io <pezoba=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Every Saturday night at 8pm, there is a Simplex net on 146.55

Lately, the host has been Dan KB7RYY in Bellevue. Dan is easy to hear, but there are lots of 5w stations around that can be a challenge. Keep a log of what you hear and compare it week to week. This process has helped me to improve my station.

73,

Paul

Dale Smith

There was a guy in the Redmond Radio club that built a device that would measure tuned signal strength RSSI (received signal strength indicator).  I used to have test equipment and software for Mobile Phone crews. I'd drive an area measuring signal strength and GPS coordinates to create a heat map.

It would be wildly cool to do the same with HAM radio crews.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device

Every Saturday night at 8pm, there is a Simplex net on 146.55

Lately, the host has been Dan KB7RYY in Bellevue. Dan is easy to hear, but there are lots of 5w stations around that can be a challenge. Keep a log of what you hear and compare it week to week. This process has helped me to improve my station.

73,

Paul

Paul Zoba

My Yaesu 400 has an altitude indicator. That is a great correlation with signal strength I’ve learned.